Thread: 2011 Tundras

Default 2011 Tundras

Anyone used one of the 2011 Tundra LTs yet?
    Going over the specs, i see they use a 1.5" track now. To me, that seems like a step back for a utility sled, as I can see wearing out the hyfax quickly in low snow conditions with the big track. I'm shopping for a new work sled, but I don't know about the new Tundras design.
    Never wrestle with a pig.
    you both get dirty;
    the Pig likes it.

I don't have a 2011 tundra, I've got a 2009. I thought my 2009 had 1 1/2 treads on the track too? No? I studded the track w/ sheet metal screws and use Sidekick scratchers and run it a lot on low snow. This arrangement seems to work fine, no excessive slide rail wear from lack of lubrication.

I have the 2010 Tundra LT. I put over 160 screws in the track. This seems to stir up enough snow dust to keep everything lubed up. No problem so far. I love the way it rides and handles.
    Retirement Plan - Having Fun and Still Learning

I have a as new 2009 Super Wide Track with 334 miles on it for sale, if you want a good work sled.

i've got the 2011 550f lt got about 1700 miles on it over the last month. no problems with hyfax wear, been running trails and hard pack mostly, stiff lugs on the track kick up good snow it seems like, the skis are narrow enough that they also break up some of the snow that the track seems to touch as well.
    sled boondocks awesome, crawls around just about everywhere i've asked it to. floats great, tippy as an all get out, which is great in the powder. seats comofy, GET THE TALLER WINDSHIELD!! just put it on for the last trip, -20 and i took my goggles off the windshield being taller is amazing.
    pulls a sled really well, low speeds it goes just fine, hard pack no trailer tops out right around 70mph, sucks gas, about 8-10 mpg, not much for 2 stroke smoke, which is a feature my wife likes. big cargo space on the back, i'll be building a box to maximize that area next season for sure!
    electric start is always nice..pull start works just as good. there is spots in the lugs to put screws if you want. i haven't seen a need for it yet, i'm not running on ice hardly.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Mikes Welding in Sterling for the box. He has several types and they are sweet!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    Bill Hicks

i was gonna build the first one outa wood, save money and give me a chance at a trial run to see what i would or wouldn't change in the design. once i find something that works for excatly what i use it for, then i might go metal.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212