Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: alaskan adventure tours

  1. #1
    New member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9

    Question alaskan adventure tours

    Does anyone have any information on Alaskan adventure tours? Spring black bear is what I want to hunt. Any info good/bad will help!

  2. #2
    Member BRWNBR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Big Lake
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    might wanna add a name so folks know who your talking about...darren byler outa cordova, don't hear his business name used much.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

  3. #3
    New member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9

    Default Darren Byler

    yes Darren Byler, does anyone have anything to say about his operation?

  4. #4
    New member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1

    Default Question about Darren Byler

    Oh yeah- Darren Byler. Just type in his name in parenthesis into any search engine and scroll through all of the negative hunting reviews. Make sure you check out on googles' search engine about his appeal he lost for his permit to hunt in Prince William Sound. It makes for some pretty interesting reading. I heard he's in Icy Bay This season running hunts in the middle of a logging operation. From what I've heard from first hand reports about his conduct during his hunts, you better keep on looking.

  5. #5
    webmaster Michael Strahan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 1999
    Location
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Posts
    5,767

    Default Darren Byler

    Quote Originally Posted by jones View Post
    Does anyone have any information on Alaskan adventure tours? Spring black bear is what I want to hunt. Any info good/bad will help!
    Jones,

    Drop me a PM and I can provide you with some background on this one.

    -Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

  6. #6
    New member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Nothern Michigan
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Just write his name in Google and find all the issues with this man, arrests and fines. I spent a week out in the bush, without communication, and very poor guide, no pure water, freeze dried food (very little of that), and had to pack out by foot 7 miles to a base camp, to get food and water.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthWest Alaska
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Got any friends in Ak?

    Look 'em up...its cheaper and alot more fun to do such yerself.....and no crooks involved.

    You dont need a guide when you can hunt Black Bears yourself, without a guide (I'm sure its Brown Bears/Sheep/Goats that require a guide)

    Unless its required by law, Hiring a Guide to hunt is like hireing a prostitute when your already married.......(are you married? LOL!!)besides , having your wife assist and take care of camp sure beats paying a man to do it.

    but Im only suggesting, not telling you what to do....if you have spare $$ , then have fun.....heck, have fun anyway
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

    "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NorthWest Alaska
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    WHOA!!!

    Boy did I get sucked into the "Old Thread Dredge" machine ....Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

    I DID Google, and his record seems to have grown.....LOL!!
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

    "Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

  9. #9

    Default

    Data Mining at our fingertips. A whole new breed of Prospector's.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  10. #10
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    No need to continue on this ancient thread.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •