Thread: flesh fly recipie

Default flesh fly recipie

I have seen quite a few different color flesh flies to use for bows, silvers and dollies. I will be fishing up around the wasilla area the first week in september. I will also be fishing the kvichek that same week. Any recommendations on exact color....size....or any tips or pointers on a flesh fly for me to tie?

Don't discount beads during September, I was still doing quite well with them on the Willow then, this past year.
    Flesh is anything from "fresh flesh" - ginger, washed out orange - to "dead flesh" - white. Any could work - there are still kings rotting from June/July to silvers still swimming upstream. I also use the "Battle Creek Special" sizes 8-12 (2 or 3x long). You might even catch fish (in the Valley) on articulated flesh. I would expect the articulated flesh to work very well on the Kvichek.

I mainly stick with smaller flesh flies.

scotty,
    definately go with some articulated patterns on the Kvichek... the bigger the better... and a stout rod with a firm grip. White, black, olive. Good luck!

tie em on tubes... that way you can add as many tubes of bunny flies as you want on your line... And make your flesh fly as big or small as you want. Basic ginger bunnies with a little pink are good. Battle Creeks are good, cotton candies are good.

Id swing streamers with a switch and spey or fish dragon fly adults in lakes that time of the year. Just cause I don't find nymphing beads/flesh as fun. (or effective later in the year)
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.