Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stolen Snowmachine

Default Stolen Snowmachine

We had our 2000 Yamaha SXR stolen either yesterday or today. We noticed it missing today. It has an expired Registration sticker on it SD7272, if you see it please let me know. I am located in Wasilla, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't show up in Anchortown or places up North.

akchappy2004 (AT) yahoo.com

AK Chappy

Wink What year tags!

Exprired Registration Tags that just ain't right!
    Just messin with you!
    If I see it Willow you WILL get it back!!!!
    A pic would be nice to help track it down!

Hey everbody lets find these clowns!!!!!!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/rvs/2208193800.html

Has a "Valley Yamaha" Decal at the Base of the Windshield. Unfortunately, this is the only real picture I have of it.

AK Chappy

dang thieves, i really hope you catch them, did you report to police already as well, a friend of mine just lucked out the other day and got some of their items returned that were stolen, some of them thieves are serial thieves and the cops wind up nabbing them with all kinds of stuff sometimes, anyways i ride all over the state and put on thousands of miles out in the sticks and on the trail so i'll be keeping my eye out for that sled with a suspicious character on it, keep an eye on craigslist and alaskaslist and classifieds, small chance this creep will wait a couple weeks for things to blow over and try dump it for some quick cash...

Thanks guys. Yes, we filed a report with the Troopers. The neighbors heard it start up and saw a guy in a grey hoody taking off on it at @ 2:30 AM Thursday morning. They only saw him from the back though. I will be watching for it to go up on sale, maybe even go take a look at ones I see listed.

AK Chappy

Did you try to follow tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by gpaul99 View Post
    Did you try to follow tracks?
    Yep, the tracks went out on the road and all the traffic had obliterated any chance of tracking them that way.

Good News is, it was covered under my Homeowner's Insurance... YEAH!!! I feel better now, still wish I could find the punk, but oh well.

AK Chappy

I got a PM with a tip on a snowmachine matching my description on Craigslist. (Thank youvery much for that BTW). I actually went over and looked at it and it wasn't mine. It is the exact same model and color as mine though! DRAT.
    Here is the link, the pictures aren't real clear, but can give an idea of what mine looks like.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/spo/2211197590.html

AK Chappy

Quote Originally Posted by AK_Chappy View Post
    I got a PM with a tip on a snowmachine matching my description on Craigslist. (Thank youvery much for that BTW). I actually went over and looked at it and it wasn't mine. It is the exact same model and color as mine though! DRAT.
    Here is the link, the pictures aren't real clear, but can give an idea of what mine looks like.
    http://anchorage.craigslist.org/spo/2211197590.html

AK Chappy

i cant believe something was stolden from wasilla! what didnt you have it chained up or garaged??? woo hoo methsu!

i also cant believe homeowners insurance covered it! who do you have for insurance?
    Semper Fi!

I got my friggin' eyes peeled for this thing...

greythorn3, I have USAA as my auto and homeowners insurance. Might not be the cheapest, save 45 billion dollars in 15 minutes insurance, but they are rock solid and have always done me right.
    For example, we just bought my son a truck, adding it on to our insurance with min coverage actually dropped my premiums by $150 / 6 mo. It can't be due to "mult-car" cause Lord knows there are already several on there.
    We'll see what it does to my rates, but if it is like the other times I have had to file a claim, they should stay the same.

AK Chappy

greythorn3, I have USAA as my auto and homeowners insurance. Might not be the cheapest, save 45 billion dollars in 15 minutes insurance, but they are rock solid and have always done me right.
    For example, we just bought my son a truck, adding it on to our insurance with min coverage actually dropped my premiums by $150 / 6 mo. It can't be due to "mult-car" cause Lord knows there are already several on there.
    We'll see what it does to my rates, but if it is like the other times I have had to file a claim, they should stay the same.

AK Chappy
    well thats good to know since im usaa now all the way, did you have to tell them you had the rec vehicles before they got stolden? and do they have to be in garage when they get stold? im wondering if usaa would cover my horse trailer or car hauler or 3 wheelers and snowmachine/ atv's with my home owners policy also since i never told them i got them things.
    Semper Fi!

No,
    I called them up just to see if it was covered. I asked what was covered under "Property Loss" and they started with the spiel about "if you turned your house upside down and shook it, everything that moved is covered." I asked "What about outside the house, but on the property?" They mentioned Garden tractors, I then asked what about ATV's and Snowmachines. Their answer was "If it is registered with the state (might have meant REQUIRED to be registered with the state, as the other agent hinted at), they need to be covered under auto. If they are not registered and on your property, they are covered under Homeowners Property Loss." I need to read my policy in depth today, as it also states on the coverage webpage that it is for REPLACEMENT value. If I am not mistaken, when I got my policy they told me that meant "if you lose a 50" LCD tv in a fire, we will pay you to buy a new 50" LCD of comparable like, not what the value of your lost 3 or 4 year old tv was worth." We'll see, I will be talking to them today and checking this out.

AK Chappy

Ok, change to the change.
    Just got a message from USAA.
    If your snowmachine or ATV, is used to facilitate Handicapped personnel or is used to service the property it is covered. Otherwise, it is excluded.
    She thought I meant a snow blower when I said Snowmachine, even when I talked about it being registered with the state.
    So, I will be calling them back and making sure they know about my ATV which has a plow and is used to service my property.

AK Chappy

i use a snowmachine on my property to maintain the fence line and to get firewood and make winter walking paths. so why wouldnt yours be considered?
    Semper Fi!

Because I have a 1/2 acre lot. ??

Because I have a 1/2 acre lot. ??

no excuse, im sure you move stuff around with it in winter.
    Semper Fi!

Nothing said you couldn't be lazy and not want to walk the 1/2 acre?
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

ya maybe u got a bad ankle
    Semper Fi!

Or maybe he isn't a leech?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast