Thread: cabela's microtex?

Default cabela's microtex?

anyone have experience with the microtex pants from cabela's? i am considering buying some for sheep/goat or anything for that matter, what's your opinion?

Sitka gear pants worked great alittle more money though.great customer service.Ihave both but like the Sitka better.Coues

I have used Microtex for the last four years I've hunted and I will never wear anything else. I don't know how they do it but what Cabelas claims is true about breathability and wind blocking. They breath well when you are hot but block the wind amazingly well. I also like Microtex because if they get wet they tend to act like wool and still keep you warm. They also dry quickly once it stops raining just from the body heat generated from walking. They're quiet as well, not like some of the synthetic pants a lot of people wear as a wind blocking layer. I've only ripped a pair once while sheep hunting and that was when I fell down a rock chute and used my rear end to cushion my fall. I'm also sold on the Outfitter camo pattern and Microtex is one of only a few pants that come in it. I've only ever used the standard Microtex, not the insulated or scentlok versions so I can't comment on those.

microtex is amazing stuff, i'm sold on it for sure, i have one pair of pants for the last two years and gonna pick up more this year, light weight dries super fast, warm and blocks wind, durable too..i love it.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Outfitter camo pattern

Tried to order a couple pairs tonight and cabelas is sold out of the Outfitter camo pattern back order is 17 to 18 weeks. I guess I will try the other patterns.

Default microtex

I bought a pair for my sheep hunt. I ended up using them on an elk hunt in the rain forests of Western Washinton. I crossed the Quinault River over 15 times a day. I was amazed on how quick they dried out. These pants are the real deal!

Question insulated?

Which is being used the most out there? Insulated or noninsulated?

Thanks

Default wind blocking ability??

I had my hands on these a while back and just about purchased, but I didn't figure they would do any good against the wind. According to a few of you, my assumption is incorrect?? What do you where under them? I liked the way they feel and fit, just worried about the wind protection.

I use the uninsulated microtex for my hunting purposes (sheep, goat, bear, and moose unless I'm sitting still for a very long time). I don't know how it does it but it does block the wind. I only wear synthetic boxer briefs under them and don't feel the wind on my legs.

Talking can't hardly believe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kay9Cop View Post
    I use the uninsulated microtex for my hunting purposes (sheep, goat, bear, and moose unless I'm sitting still for a very long time). I don't know how it does it but it does block the wind. I only wear synthetic boxer briefs under them and don't feel the wind on my legs.
    Chalk another one up to the ODD for spending my hard earned money!! On to the ordering I go!

uninsulated....all the way. awesome stuff.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default Anyone tried these?

Cabelas High Country Super Shell Pant

I've got a pair of these on the way and wondering if anyone has used these, and how they compare to the Cabelas Microtex?

Thanks

Ive used microtex for a few years now and think they work great . The only draw back I can think of is dont get too close to your camp fire because sparks and embers will burn holes in them pretty fast.