Thread: 357 mag lever-action loads?

Default 357 mag lever-action loads?

hopefully there are some readers here that like lever action 357 mags.id like to find a great load for the180 grain hornady bullet. i got 158 grain Speer Gold dots loaded up for it, but id like a size more

I would just love to find a good used 357 Marlin, I've been looking for one for a long, long time.

their well worth their weight in gold, mine was built in 76. thinking about getting a new one so i don't mess up my vintage one

I got my Marlin 1895 CB with ballard rifling so I could do cast bullets. Good choice. Love it! I haven't done anything bigger than the 158 gr. Are you using it for plinking or hunting? That would be my biggest question. I use a lot of bullseye for .38 plinking loads. keeps the cost down some. My 158 hollow points with Blue Dot are really hard hitters and my friend said he likes using Green Dot too. I'll check on something heavier this week. Hopefully be back with some results.
    Stormvet: did you look at gunbroker?

Yes I've checked out Gunbroker many times, they are there but I just can't bring myself to pay the piper I guess.
    One of these days I will break down and do it. . I sure would love to have one though. . thanks

I have 2 Rossy 92s and a Winchester 94 in 357mag, I love them. Anyone wanting a 357 lever new should know the new Winchester catalog has new model 1892s now in 357, 44-40, 44mag, and 45 Colt!

I donít bother to load rifle ammo in 357, I just shoot my 357 handgun ammo in them. My hottest load is a 180g that is plenty from the rifle for me, it could be pumped up a bit for rifle but I donít want to mess with keeping it out of my handguns.

My hottest load is This 180g bullet over 15g of LilGun and gives about 1650fps from my Rossy/Winchester 357 levers, 15g is a max load by Hodgdon data.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

yeah, i have not gone over 158 grain either, but i am using h110, but ill read up on blue dot and green dot, id like to shoot a little cheaper, but i use them for just what ever now. would not mind useing them on black bear. or a moose upclose. but a 180 grain is the bullet i really want to produce for hunting. 158 would be good for defence.

Quote Originally Posted by stormvet View Post
    Yes I've checked out Gunbroker many times, they are there but I just can't bring myself to pay the piper I guess.
    One of these days I will break down and do it. . I sure would love to have one though. . thanks
    Another good place to look would be the Cowboy Action forums or SASS. WalMart also sold the Winchester pretty fair.