Thread: Kodiak Deer - Help Needed

Default Kodiak Deer - Help Needed

So this may seem weird for me to ask as I live on POW but I was hoping to get some info on a deer hunt on Kodiak this October.

Backgrond - since October is now closed to road hunting for bears on POW and deer hunting is tough for a DIY deer hunter in mid October, I will be guiding for bears up North again on the peninsula instead of doing my own thing. My hunter for brownies is a fella I have guided before and he is a helluva good guy. Anyway he wants to go get a deer after his hunt and asked to come hunt with me. He is a hunting MOFO so I figured why not Kodiak we can both hunt. Possibly reindeer or goat for me? I don't need folks to call the troopers or speculate when they see me hunting with someone they don't recognize locally so we want to hunt Kodiak. Clear as mud?

Here are a few questions:

1. Is it possible to get a 'good' deer on Kodiak October 10-17? By good I mean a true 3 point or 4 point.

2. Any 'cabin' or 'lodge' hunts good that time of year?

Any help would be great we hope to be done bear hunting in the first few days but could be out till the 10th or later so the outfitter needs to be flexible if possible.

Camping is an option too but I am looking for more of a permanent structure as I won't be able to travel with my camp set up to guide camp etc.

Thanks folks,

Gooch
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island

Thanks everyone for the PM's should have more than enough to plan.

Gracias!
    Mike
    www.coffmancoveak.com
    Prince of Wales Island