Thread: suspension seat options

Default suspension seat options

I would like to put a suspension seat in my wooly alaskan, I can't afford the spendy units. Has anyone put one of the northern tool tractor seats in there boat? I'm looking at t222bl, and try and mount my bentley seat on it,thanks.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/agricul...tractor-seats/

Tractor Supply 99.00 to 149.00 plus cheap shipping

Northern Tool can get expensive with shipping
    2000 Bayliner Ciera Express 2452
    5.0 Mercruiser Alpha 1

It would be nice to just get a suspension base. I have a heated seat I ordered from some RV/van accessory place that I love, I'd love to mount it on a suspension base. I don't like the forward leaning angle most suspension seats sit , you always feel like your leaning forward. I like to recline and kick it gangsta style especially on long runs

Get a Air Ride seat out of a Diesel truck.

07 Ocean Pro 220 ET HT
    115 Yamaha
    Garmin 740S, GMR 18 HD
    Airmar TM 260-MM

Charterboat Operator

http://www.industrialseating.com/suspensions.php

these are the ones that I have been looking at. Mine is the base only as they mount on top of a storage box. same seat just a new base. Anyone got any other ideas for a base like this? have not ordered yet but am getting ready to.
    PB

Pole Bender, have you priced any of them yet? I'm thinking about getting a set for my Sportsman with boxes too. I'm thinking the short mechanical setup would be perfect.

Rob

Pole Bender, Any idea what they weigh? I emailed them to ask and haven't received a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by rambling raven View Post
    Pole Bender, Any idea what they weigh? I emailed them to ask and haven't received a reply.
    I just received an answer on the weight from the company - 50 pounds each - A lot more weight than I can afford - still struggling with what to do on this topic myself. The older I get the less I like the standing or pounding with hard seats.

Man, Those are some of the nicest seats I have ever seen.
    Raven, Go ahead and do it Think how nice you would feel cruising to moose camp.
    Tennessee

Poor-boy suspension seat: A half-deflated Scotty fender.

Charterboat Operator

ROB -, dont have it handy but the medium height base was aorund $400.00, even though expensive it will be nice to have parts available to fix something when/if it breaks? The ones I have on the boat now, company is out of buisness. As soon as i can get to the boat, which is down on the pen. am going to pull the existing off and do some serious measuring and get one of these ordered. It appears that the company is in Oregon, so should not be too bad to get them shipped to Seattle and put on with my freight consolidator, WAY cheaper in shipping. If you are interested we could put the shipment together, freight is actually cheap.
    Raven, was that just for the base or the seat and the base? (50lb) that seems to be around the same weight as the ones i have on the boat now, at least for the base.

PB

Charterboat Operator

JUST AS A FOLLOW-UP
    i found my original seat manufacturer, www.seatsinc.com , all products can be purchased in Anchorage thru Trailer Craft
    got a copletly new, base only, $ 380.00 , spendy but they will match , and oblut 40 pounds total weight.

attwood makes one for 200 bucks. walmart also carries them. they have 3 inches of suspension built into the seat itself.

I have the heavy duty spring suspension from Bentleys MFG in my boat. I like it, I dont know what they cost, but I think they aren't too expensive. They are pretty good people to work with too. I am getting some sliding rails for it this spring so I can move it 6" for standing.

http://bentleysmfg.com/mariner
    09 River Wild, 3 stages, LS power

Default Tractor supply seats

I put two of the tractorsupply.com seats in my Wooldridge Sport 2000. They work great. I replaced the backs with the stock Woolridge seats as they took up less width. I had them shipped to Juneau for under $30. Way better than regular seats.