Thread: Juneau Canoe value?

Default Juneau Canoe value?

I have a Old Town Discovery canoe that I am considering selling. Its is a little over 13' and has the square back transom. It came with oar locks mounted mid boat and I installed another factory set near the rear so I could push row from the back seat. Its in pretty good shape and just doesn't get used nearly enough. Does anyone know the values of these boats? -Thanks, Travis

I would be very intrested in it and hopefully wiull soon get to Juneau
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I'm not totally sure I want to get rid of it. It really depends on what I can get for it. Let me know when your gonna be in Juneau and you can come see it.
    -Travis

I can tell you --- you have a bit of a collector's item from Old Town Canoes in Maine. Include sentimental value and the pickers price goes up even more. The utility paddle/row/motor boat was a short/wide square-stern 13' version of what is now called a 15' Discovery Sport. These were purpose built for day hunting and fishing.

The 15' Discovery Sport has a new MSRP of $1449. If made today, using the 15'ers identical process... new retail value (if available today) on these 13' boats would be $300-$400 less than a 15'er depending on seat style --- so 'new retail' asking would be in the $1,100 ballpark.

Fair-minded list values of a used 13'er in great condition is likely around 1/2 MSRP... so perspective asking on used is in the $550-$650 range to someone in the know --- then tack on maybe $25-$50 extra based on location and availability.

Good Boats --- saw 'em on the racks at LL Bean in Freeport, Maine back in the college days.

Thanks Brian,that helps. I was kinda getting the idea these boats are getting hard to find. I really like it but I'm considering getting an inflatable one (SOAR Pro Pioneer) in the hope it might be more versatile.
    -Travis