Thread: Finally connected

Wink Finally connected

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1086.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	45509Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1085.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	45508After several days and about 30 stands I finally connected with an animal. I took snowcamomans advice and I went out early this morning before light. Right away I seen two Lynx and they were right on top of me I was using a white light and could only see their eyes and nothing else it was really brushy in there so I took a shot and took the first one off of the log that he jumped up on about 15 yds away. The other stayed around and I took two more shots at him but missed and had no more bullets on me. ( I forgot them in the truck, ****) The other lynx and he was bigger than the one I got stayed. I was still geting glimpses of his eyes through the brush. So I left the dead on there and went to the truck figuring that the second would be long gone when I got back. Well he wasnt, I seen him again this time he was about 30 yds from me and it was dark as cave in there so I took another shot at his eyes and missed again this time he left for good.
    After looking at it in the light of where I was and the shots I took at the second Lynx there was no way I could have got a bullet through that brush. I could sure see his eyes though and they were unobstructed. This was my first experience with hunting in the dark and I got to say I am hooked now. Although lynx season will be closed when I get back home on my next R&R I'll be back out looking for coyotes

I hope the pics come through

Nice! Beautiful kitty. Any fur damage?
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

Good looking animal. Sounds like a blast. Did you find hunting on the dark to be unnerving at all?

Thanks Stanly the only fur damage was the missing lower jaw I was shooting at the eyes and hit it in the jaw and it went away.That was a good thing because when I want to make something out of it I dont need that part anyways if it was a bigger one 30# or bigger I would be bummed because if I get one that big its going to be mounted.

AKF, hunting in the dark was really cool and I didnt have much time to think about anything cuz it happened so fast but to see eyes glowing in the dark and not 100% sure what it is my hair was on end thats for sure and it was a hell of a rush. I am sure that had it taken longet to get something to come in my mind would have started to wonder and think about bigfoot and wharewolves. I think that next time I go out I will bring my .44 just in case something bigger than I expect comes in the last thing I want to happen is to have a bear come in and looking for an easy meal I am standing there with a .223. Definatly a really cool experience though

congrats!! persistence pays off !!

Nice job Tony. Good on ya. I hope to connect soon. My first year predator hunting. I have only been out a few times, but so far nothing to show for it. I am glad to see someone else with some good fortune. 2 lynx in one day! Those are some good odds.

Nice Lynx what area is that from?

Nice! Congrats!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Way to go Tony, that's awesome. Two animals on one stand is a rush. Keep up the good work, you got the hang of it now it looks like. Scatterguns are real handy in that brushy stuff, especially for lynx.

Outstanding! Good on you to stick it out and reap the benefit!

great job tony!!!

thats one pretty kitty!

Quote Originally Posted by itchibon69 View Post
    Nice Lynx what area is that from?
    Thanks everyone this cat came from around skilak lake.
    Snowcamo of all the guns I own around 15 or so not one is a shotgun but I am thinking now that I need to pick one up,besides it never hurts to own another gun

Quote Originally Posted by 0321Tony View Post
    Thanks everyone this cat came from around skilak lake.
    Snowcamo of all the guns I own around 15 or so not one is a shotgun but I am thinking now that I need to pick one up,besides it never hurts to own another gun
    I thought there was a law you had to own a shotgun to live in Sterling!

nice looking cat! I used to hunt during the full moon at night in minnesota, and there is just something different about hunting at night, definitely gets the blood pumping when you see movement, hunting during the day is fun, but the dark sky adds a whole new aspect to everything! Congrats man, persistence definitely paid off for ya. Hopefully this is just a start for, hope to see more pics soon!

Quote Originally Posted by sameyer View Post
    I thought there was a law you had to own a shotgun to live in Sterling!
    Hahaha... I got just about everything else but Until this year I have never hunted anything I needed one for. A friend of mine got me out duck hunting this fall so I dont think it will be long before one of those is in the closet probubly have one by next fall, you can never have too many guns