Thread: Anyone want to part with a moose hide?

Default Anyone want to part with a moose hide?

I wish I would have kept the one off of my bull this past fall but I did not. I am looking just for the back and belly for a project. If you still have one or obtain one please shoot me a PM.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

If you still want one next fall, bring this back to the top and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks Brian. I hope you and the family are doing well.
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

You may want to call the state troopers (Not 911). Ask if they would call you when a moose is hit.

You could also ask the troopers for a list of organizations that get roadkill moose.

You could also call the local organizations yourself if you know any that get roadkill moose. I am sure a church would be happy to give you the hide for a donation.

Good luck.

Man I wish I still had mine from last year. My buddy got one of Ft. Rich and we drove right up to it with the pick up. We kept the hide to try and sell. After over 6 months of trying to get rid of it I had to throw it away. I couldn't give it away... Taxidermists didn't even want it for free! We have another tag on base this year so hopefully it will be close to the road... not likely but I will keep my eye out.

ADUKHNT, I am shipping one to my buddy in Eagle River, off of a 54 inch bull, entire skin, he is going to see if it will fit his 62 incher. If not, he may be willing to give it up for the cost of shipping to ANC, $50 to $60 bucks. I will let you know how it turns out.