Thread: Beaver Creek for moose

Default Beaver Creek for moose

I'm making plans for a Breaver Creek float-in, fly-out trip for moose. First time for a "raft" trip as I have been a hardcore driftboater for years. My fly-in moose hunt area really went downhill a few years ago and I've been trying different places ever since. Anyone have info they want to share about Beaver Creek? I chose that because my sixteen year old might have to row the second raft (soar pro pioneer).

Here is an old thread on Beaver Creek. I am sure there are more.

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...t=beaver+creek

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Same goes with Beaver Creek as with many of the areas local streams take the time required to get off the River and hunt and your chances improve. Most people plan a little short to hunt the area properly IMO. Do some home work pick out the higher elevation 3 to4 likley areas with additional drainages in the slots get above tree line and call then spot and chase when applicable.

Yes some years people do harvest right on the river however that is the odd chance meeting the odd chance. Great starter creek for you 16 year old. Bring the fishing gear, a shotgun for birds and enjoy the float.

Appreciate the reply. We expected to get out and hunt, scape, call... and fishing is always on the agenda.