Thread: Best of Fred Bear videos

Default Best of Fred Bear videos

Just picked up a new hunting video for sale down at Screamin Eagle Archery in Wasilla. It is 4 cds with 8 hrs of video footage of Fred Bear's kills. I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but so far what I have seen I have been very, very impressed. Some of the video footage includes multiple Grizzly bears, a polar bear, a tiger in india, bowfishing for stingrays and alligator gar in florida, mule deer, whitetails, pronghorn and many more. I have only watched the first two videos. Reasonable price too $26.00.

I remember meeting Fred Bear in Anchorage a long time ago. A nice guy with skin like leather.

Watched part of disc #3 last night. Some more great footage. Mt. Goat and Grizzly combo hunt in Canada. Mule deer in North Dakota, and also a real cool video on how bows are made at the bear archery plant. So far it has turned out to be a great video. AGL4now, I bet that was pretty cool to meet Fred Bear.

Bushwhack, what's the full title of th video set, can't get to Wasilla from here very easily
    but I've always thought Fred Bear was one the coolest characters in the history of hunting

Thanks for the tip, details ?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post
    Bushwhack, what's the full title of th video set, can't get to Wasilla from here very easily
    but I've always thought Fred Bear was one the coolest characters in the history of hunting

Hey Kodiakrain, it is called the complete Fred Bear collection. From Bear Archery. I'll see if I can find a link and post it.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakrain View Post

Okay. I think I found a link. Funny thing is it is more expensive online than buying it at the store. $29.99 online + shipping and handling. I bought it at screamin eagle for only $26.99. Go figure.

Try this link. http://www.beararcheryproducts.com/gear/

Thanks Bushwhack, I couldn't find it on that link, tho it may be there somewhere,

I did find it at Amazon, on sale for $24, free shipping if anyone else is looking
    (support your local store tho if you can.....)
    http://www.amazon.com/Bear-Archery-F...7558411&sr=1-1

Looks like it must be what you have anyway, 4discs 8hrs video,

So, if I buy this am I commiting myself to going out and buying a bow immediately following ???? and then all the gear too
    Yet another thing to do, probably take all my focus to do right, Right ??
    Uh, oh, I can feel another "Passion" comin on....

Just kidding, I already ordered it, Thanks for the heads up. looks real good
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

Thanks to the original poster! I grew up in Michigan learning to hunt in some of the same areas that were Fred's old stomping grounds. The History interview with Fred at the end of each DVD is absolutely facinating!! Thanks again

Steven

Yeah, Me Too,
    Thanks again, to the OP,
    My boys and I are loving all those movies, (and there are tons of them), interesting that the boys can watch them all day long.

As they were mostly filmed in 70's I guess, I like watching for while, but am a little spoiled by highend filming these days
    but my little guys, 4 and 9yrs absolutely cannot get enough.

and there's some great stuff in there for the boys to be watching and learning.
    Really, Sinking the Hunting Hook in them I think,
    only one problem,.......
    I think they may be needing Bows now, rifles just not cool enough for them now ?? Darn

Seriously, Great Video Set, highly recommended