Thread: Landmark Gap Trail

Question Landmark Gap Trail

Anybody hiked the trail into the lake in the past year or two? I'm wondering how suitable it might be for taking my 6 year old along this coming summer. I thought I heard somewhere that it gets pretty wet in spots.
    The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps! (Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945)

Its been a number of years for me but it was pretty wet.But on the upside there are alot of hills thru there to hike.Take some bug nets and dope,and fish a little for grayling and maybe catch a laker from shore.
    Good luck.

It's an easy walk. Some water but you could give im a piggy back ride through it. Mostly just big mudpuddles with a firm bottom. You can drive a truck back there to the first little lake. Then from there it is a hike only trail that goes around along the main lake. You can catch lakers spin casting from shore.

Default yep...

Great spot. Should be fine with a little one. I'm thinkin about 2.2 miles, 2% piggiebackin.
    Our kids love it back in there. Don't forget the bug dope and camera.
    Hit the outlet stream for late summer grayling--no hogs, but it's dynamite with a dry fly.

In July 2005 it was a dry, easy walk. I didn't expect to see trucks back there, but they can make it. Fishing was good at the outlet.