Thread: River boat assembly

Default River boat assembly

I have been lurking on the forum for some months now, and have learned much (thanks). Bought a Lowe R2070VT last fall (hull and trailer only) and will be assembling it between now and fishing season. I say assembling because the hull is already "built", it will probably get a few mods before I am done with it though.

So lets hear it, what are your suggestions, favorite mods, options,tips, tricks etc...

Plans in the works so far are:
    150hp outboard jet (150hp powerhead, I know the pump power is lower)
    Side console steering (seated)
    Removeable fishing seats on storage box pedestals, the hull has a wide open deck and I would like to have as much open space as possible for hunting season.
    Rear deck, there is a bench seat about 3 feet fwd of the transom, meant for tiller steering, I intend to add a deck from that seat to the transom to cover the battery, fuel tank, bilge pump etc..and add even more floor space.

That is it so far, I will post a pic of the hull when I get a chance. My intention is to build a functional river boat that will fish a family of 5 and can be reconfigured for hunting with 2 or 3, the top windshield and heater will come at some point in the future.

Sounds like it will be a fun project, maybe consider a center console?
    Does the hull have a jet tunnel?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

No tunnel yet, I do plan on adding one to get the intake off the gravel. I prefer the side console because at some point I'll be adding a windshield and top.

Not sure if this has been covered, but consider a 30 buck solid mount for your gps, another for you SPOT, and possibly a third for your cell.

Only the gps mount need be in easy view; the other two you could reach for.