Thread: Rescue at Primrose trail

Default Rescue at Primrose trail

This trail has some very tricky corners and if you go off,you are down in the gorge..
    Helicopter and Seward area rescue needed to get this guy out today.
    He is ok, but I would imagine his sled is not coming out anytime soon.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Been up that trail many times, it is a bit tricky for sure. We have decided going up the Snug Harbor route is much more fun. Glad he is OK, recovering the sled may be expensive....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskacanoe View Post
    He is ok, but I would imagine his sled is not coming out anytime soon.
    Bad part is if it is Park lands, state or federal, there is a certain amount of time they give you to recover your sled and then you get a per day fine and then they do what it takes, read as the most expensive way, to get your sled for you.

I know a few years back someone had to fly their machines out of a valley up Hatchers Pass way and it was like $1500 an hour for the chopper to come get the sleds.

Quote Originally Posted by Dupont Spinner View Post
    Bad part is if it is Park lands, state or federal, there is a certain amount of time they give you to recover your sled and then you get a per day fine and then they do what it takes, read as the most expensive way, to get your sled for you.

I know a few years back someone had to fly their machines out of a valley up Hatchers Pass way and it was like $1500 an hour for the chopper to come get the sleds.
    Leave No Trace

Adds a whole new dimension to the philosophy..."leave no trace" of ownership!!! ha ha
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~