Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you had to sell all your guns but one.

Default If you had to sell all your guns but one.

And I mean not your current new play toy, but the working gun you would keep to the last? Me, My 1951 Winchester M70 30-06. That's "My rifle" and the rest are nice but unnecessary. Well Maybe not "unnecessary" but That's other subject,

mine would be a custom k98 mauser in 30-06 (fluted barrel) that my father and I built together about 7 years ago.....

Release Lake Trout

Hmmm.. you mean if you were limited to one gun for Alaska? I guess that would be my 870 12 ga. magnum. Everything from fur to feathers can be had with that gun.

MY meat and potatoes gun is my plain ol rem 700 in 300 win mag. That thing has earned the right to be with me always.

Couple of different scenarios that could influence my decision.

Have to be my old Springfield in 30-06, Sporterized by Harvey Anderson sometime long before I was even born. It's not fancy, has a Leupold 4X that's older than dirt on it and will hold about an inch and three quarters group on a good day. But I've taken a ton of game with it and it's never failed me, when I point it at some animal they fall down, end of story. I've been using it since I was 15 and as another poster stated it's "My Rifle".

Ruger#3 in 45/70
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I would slit my wrists first.

Quote Originally Posted by jim in anchorage View Post
    And I mean not your current new play toy, but the working gun you would keep to the last? Me, My 1951 Winchester M70 30-06. That's "My rifle" and the rest are nice but unnecessary. Well Maybe not "unnecessary" but That's other subject,
    I'd sell a kidney on eBay before I'd get down to one gun.

Yeah, if they were taking away all my guns, it's time for "Plan B" which probably involves sending them the ammunition... bullets first.

Not happening. Can you run a garage with just one wrench? Nope.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

The LH Remington LSS in 270 that my wife gave me the day we were married. I can't even remember how many head of game I've taken with it since then. I have utmost confidence in it...

As my pappy used to say, "The house can go, the wife can go, the kids can go. The plane, dogs, and guns will stay."

Wouldn't, as long as I had my guns I would never need to get down to one....
    If I ever got so old I gave em all away to kids and grand-kids I would likely keep a 12ga 870 around though...
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

Mossberg 12 gauge for fur and feather. If the natives used to hunt everthing with arrows and atl-atls, I thing I could manage with slugs and pellets.

Ugh!!! Why does it have to be ONE??!!

Couldn't it be three, or five, or ten??
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

My Savage Model 4C bolt action .22 that was my grandfathers. I would neveer sell that. Number 2 my Stevens Model 35 tip up pistol. Amigo Will knows the one!

When they pry my cold dead hands from around it... It'll probebly be my .338. But please dont make me choose. NO FAIR, NO FAIR, NO FAIR

I guess I'd keep one of my AR's and get a dozen different uppers and stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by NDTerminator View Post
    The LH Remington LSS in 270 that my wife gave me the day we were married. I can't even remember how many head of game I've taken with it since then. I have utmost confidence in it...
    You're wife gave you a rifle the day you were married? Why can't I meet a woman like that?

If you were forced to only have one gun, then something socially very bad is happening in America. My gun collection would look a lot less hunting oriented and may become quite a bit more tactical. So what one tactical gun would I get since I don't have one now? 223, nope too itty bitty but useful on two legged critters. Something that can shoot through cars, trucks, doors and has a large magazine and is semi auto is appealing.

If I had to keep just one gun that I have already I would go with my short barreled mossburg pump 12 gauge shot gun. Mostly for the door, car, truck, two legged reasons above.

God help me....I suppose my .375 Ruger. Not much you can't shoot on the planet with that one!

Brett

i only have one "gun" but several weapons, and I would never sell my "gun"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kU0XCVey_U
    Semper Fi!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast