Thread: Alexander lake trip 2-5-11

Thumbs down Alexander lake trip 2-5-11

Sunny nice day and trail good, fishing poor. 6 guys maximum tipups out minis the jigging poles. fished hard one 38 incher and 2 small pike.fished usually good spots, cub flew in and 2 guys fished near us 0 for them 2-3 snow on lake and 6 inches over flow. not worth the trip for one day.

Quote Originally Posted by mocalaska@acsalaska.net View Post
    Sunny nice day and trail good, fishing poor. 6 guys maximum tipups out minis the jigging poles. fished hard one 38 incher and 2 small pike.fished usually good spots, cub flew in and 2 guys fished near us 0 for them 2-3 snow on lake and 6 inches over flow. not worth the trip for one day.
    I would have a very hard time complaining about getting a 38" Pike. IMO.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

hey there pike palace. I was not complaining too hard, it was after all the bragging by fisherman and f&g we thought we would catch a few more and some small ones too. We did almost as good at figure 8 a week ago. how did you do at figure 8 last thursday. maybe we can meet up some time and catch a good batch of pike. i guess i should have left the last sentence off. it was a good ride and I saw new country. I will go back in the spring and stay over night.

It's ok, maybe I was a bit harsh. I'm not planning on going to Fig 8 anytime soon. I'm tired of only catching little pike. There are lots of them still there. Jig little bits of herring and small spoons. You'll catch fish.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.