Thread: Local bindings

Default Local bindings

I have poked holes in and cut off my old leather snowshoe bindings until there is no more for next time.
    I need a recommendation on a binding that fits bunny boots. The shoes are old 52" x about 12". Hoping to pick a good pair up locally. I like the type like my old leather ones.

What are you using?

Here are my shoes.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

snowshoesalesandrepair.com and iversonsnowshoes.com both sell quality bindings.
    Last edited by 450 ktm; 02-06-2011 at 17:27. Reason: error

I use rubber inner tubes. They break eventually but I carry an extra pair, they weight practically nothing and they work extremely well with bunny boots. Ill try and get some pictures tonight.
    I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

These are what I use. I have had zero problems with them and when they wear out they are cheap to replace. One old inner tube and you can make a bunch of bindings. Good luck!

I'm going to ctrl-alt-delete you so hard your mama's computer is going to reboot.

That might be the answer.

Thanks!
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Is this Alaska? I went to Sportsmans, AK Mountaineering, REI, ArmyNavy and B&Js.

Only B&Js carried bindings. The others tried to sell me the aluminum bear paws, said that's what eveyone uses. Seems noisy to me.
    At AMH they had a wodden pair hanging there. I asked if you sold that pair, what binding would you sell them? Oh, no one uses those things anymore. They are decorations. I choked out that I have 3 pair and they all see use.

Kudos to B&J. They had the old leather harness that I like.
    I am going to cut some of the ones byrd hntr showed, thanks. See how they do going uphill. Gotta be easier to get off than the harness when you fall thru the trees.
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Bullbuster
    If you don't want to order you should still ck out the suggested sites because there are good ideas to make your own bindings. Several of the styles would be easy enough(traction claw ideas,leather,even reinforcement ideas for the good old inner tube bindings)to make. I'm using the ratcheting pivoting binding this season from SSandRepairs and it works awesome. It is on 12 x 60 Alaskan traditionals and a major upgrade.