Thread: AK-47 question

Default AK-47 question

This post may be a little premature but any input on value is appreciated.

I met a guy at work yesterday that is going through a divorce and he is streamlining his weapon collection. He has a pre-ban fully transferable full auto AK-47 for sale. This is not a converted rifle. It is a production full auto version. I forgot the other details on the rifle as I was more interested in how his soon to be ex-wife is killing him financially.

I will have more details and photos concerning this AK tonight. What would be a typical price to pay for a nice full auto pre-ban AK47?

I have no personal knowledge of it's worth but may be interested in acquiring it as an investment...

I'm not an expert but have seen enough prices to take a stab at this question. I would say probably 10K give or take 2K

I'll give him $600 and I'll cover shipping...

Iíd call G&J Sales in Prescott and see what they are selling them for if they had one and I bet they do.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Thanks Andy, I'll call them when I have the real details, thanks for the contact.

Rimfire, thanks for the input, just looking for a little data. There are so many variables in AK's and I haven't seen this one up close yet. Just for the record, he is asking $16,000. That number means nothing to me at this point because I don't know the real value of the weapon.

I'll post back tonight or in the morning when I have the details and a few pics.

Sounds high but I know next to nothing about AKs. I do know transferable class III ARs run around $12K right now, but could be the number of transferable AK is far lower making it worth more. The guys at G&J will tell you like it is whatever that may be, very good investment if you get it at market value the way the law is though.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I hear you can still get them for free when you join the service,most any branch
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Well there are the real ones brought in before the NFA of 68 and full up Combloc built, then there are the conversions made before the NFA of 86. The former would be a true collectible, the latter a legal machine gun to collect... if that makes sense. The real milspec AK would have a higher value I bet over the conversion.

Cheers,

David

Check out sub guns NFA ads and see if there are any for sale. I usually see them there for around $14k-$18k. AD is right to ask J&G Sales in Prescott, they're a very good resource.
    Surviving one day at a time with a PhD in Physics.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I hear you can still get them for free when you join the service,most any branch
    They told me back in 2002 they don't take old farts like me and I ain't got any younger.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

You had your chance all ready then.I knew some pilots that snuck some stateside but all we could bring back was the SKS SA
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

I saw the rifle yesterday and it's nice but he's firm on the $16,000 asking price and I don't need one that bad. It's a Styer Maadi full auto 7.62X39 with transferable Class III papers. The gun is machined not stamped, probably the norm for the Maadi and nice furniture.

Today I stopped by a really nice gun store in Scottsdale to get some info about the market. http://usautoweapons.com/page.php?PG=Store I spoke directly with the owner of the business and his feelings are $12500 - $14,000 for an in store retail price depending on condition.

Anyway, to rich for my taste.

Offer him $10,000 cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chisana View Post
    Offer him $10,000 cash.
    One hundred $100 bills looks good to anyone...especially if he's in a bind. Not trying to tell you to screw your buddy, but tell him thats all you can do and show him the stack of benjis...

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    One hundred $100 bills looks good to anyone...
    It wouldn't look good to me if I was expecting 160 of them.

Expecting and actually getting are two very different things though...Just watch Pawn Stars

That would be sweet to have but at $16000 it would have to be new as in unfired other than tested at the factory and also if you are gonna spend that much go with a Russian built ak47 the maadi is a nice ak and the milled instead of stamped receiver also demands a premium but he is asking alot more than it's worth unless you collect pre ban class III weapons then I would pass this up for sure

Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    One hundred $100 bills looks good to anyone...especially if he's in a bind. Not trying to tell you to screw your buddy, but tell him thats all you can do and show him the stack of benjis...
    That's my trick, fan out a stack of hundred dollar bills and say "This is what I got take it or leave it!"
    Then when they him-n-haw pick it up and say ďThatís okay Iíll find another one.Ē

I always thought it wouldnít work on me till someone did it to me, if itís anyplace close to the real value of the thing it works.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    hehehe ya we were shipping them back by the boat load!
    Semper Fi!

Thanks for the reply's Gent's. I have decided to pass on this rifle. Someone in Scottsdale with spare change will make an attempt at it. It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling.