Thread: No more kings nock

Default No more kings nock

Went to see if the Saturday youth class was still on for my son and found out that kings nock is no more. It precision archery now. I guess it will be a smaller shop now but more stuff on the shelf with new management

yep i heard about it a couple weeks ago and am not in the least supprized that place had the worst customer service i have ever seen even though i just bought my z7extreme from him not to long ago, i would not spend another dime with them i just emailed mathews on thursday on a hunch that they probly didnt send in my warranty info and i was right i was lucky to buy a mathews and they took care of it for me if you want customer service go see bill at north pole archery he is also working on buying or building a big shop so he will have a range and techno hunt and probly class's for kids and stuff like that he is also a ibep instructor.

My husband and I went in and saw Thomas in January at King's Nock and told him we would be back in a couple of weeks to buy a couple of Hoyt bows. He never gave us any inclination that he was about to sell. My husband left on business and I went back to get our bows ordered only to discover that Andrew had bought the business and renamed it. Andrew said that he'd be able to order the bows for me once things were situated, so I waited about a week before I called him back to ask him how things were coming along. He then apologized and told me that the shop was leased out from underneath him, and he couldn't order the bows. (Kind of messed up if you ask me.) BUT...he did refer me to Wayne down at Screamin' Eagle Archery in Wasilla. I was able to call him and order my husband's bow...they already had mine there! I was super excited to get down to Wasilla and pick it up. Wayne at Screamin' Eagle is a GREAT GUY! He did an AWESOME job for me. I can't say enough good things about them down there. As for Andrew, I wish him well, he's a nice guy, and I hope he can turn the bad reputation that King's Nock earned themselves around to have a successful business.

Thomas got our family into archery starting with our daughter taking Saturday lessons. We have all been shooting for about a year and half and can say it has been a lot of fun. Definitely the best family hobby we have been involved in. The staff shooters and other folks were always helpful to us. No business/person is perfect and I am sure it is difficult to do everything right when you are ending a business. I wish Thomas well. I can't wait for the guys who are wanting to open up a archery shop/range in Fairbanks to get up and running.

The guy ("the one good staff shooter") that bought out Kings Nock is in the process of renting a new location for a new shop and range. He wants to start fresh with a new look, new location, and new service. I don't know all the details of when and where exactly but he is a shooter without a range just like the rest of us so it wont be too long. The new shop and range will carry the same bow lines (Hoyt, Mathews, Martin) and hopefully some more. Sad to see the Kings Nock range go but looking forward to what the new range will bring.

I went and did the techno shoot at King's Nock last month and Tom mentioned he would be looking for a new shop to rent and was going to be selling or giving away the techno shoot. He asked what type of bow that I shoot and I told him the Switchback XT. He said he was sorry for me. I had to ask him to make sure that he was a Mathew's dealer and he said yes, but they are junk. What kind of statement is that for a dealer to make? I was never very impressed with his shop, and hope that the new owner can build something much better out of it. I'm sure the new look and new service will be well worth the effort for him in the long run, but hopefully he doesn't have to carry too much of Tom's poor customer service with his new endeavor.

im glad joe bought it out if he is running it i would have no problem going there he was very helpful when i was shooting all the bows.