Thread: Serial Number

Default Serial Number

I am taking inventory of my guns but am unable to locate a serial number on my Savage 24H over and under 22/410 even after tearing it apart. Does it have one?

Prior to the GCA of '68 a lot number of lower priced guns were made without SNs. Single shot shotguns and .22 rifles are often found with any SNs on them - apparently your Savage 24 didn't get numbered either.

Take some good high definition photos and note any distinguishing marks including proof marks etc. Yoc can also scratch your intials on the metal somewhere to remove any doubt about your orginal ownership should it ever be stolen and recovered.

Quote Originally Posted by boldwarrior2 View Post
    I am taking inventory of my guns but am unable to locate a serial number on my Savage 24H over and under 22/410 even after tearing it apart. Does it have one?
    Living the urban lifestyle so I can pay my way and for my family's needs, and support my country. And you?
    ".. ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" JFK

Please don't "scratch your initials" in your gun. That's a sad and sorry thing to do. If you must, get some number stamps and give your Model 24 a serial # inside the reciever cut for the barrels.
    "A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind."

No it does not.