Thread: Boating Saftey Course

Default Boating Saftey Course

Just a few short weeks ago, while perusing Craigslit, I came across an ad for a boating safety course to be given over the span of eight weeks begining March, it was to be given at the BP building on tuesday evenings. I have been unable to find that add again and was wondering if anyone knew anything about this course or another in the near future. I would really like to get my wife educated by way of such a class. I may pick up a thing or two as well.

Any info is appreciated.

It's probably given by the coast guard auxiliary, so I'd google Alaska coast guard auxiliary and you should be able to find some contact information. We took an at home course with one full classroom day through the auxiliarry, it was a very good course. Our schedule just didn't allow us to take the 8wk course.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    It's probably given by the coast guard auxiliary, so I'd google Alaska coast guard auxiliary and you should be able to find some contact information. We took an at home course with one full classroom day through the auxiliarry, it was a very good course. Our schedule just didn't allow us to take the 8wk course.
    Good suggestion, thanks.

For anyone else interested, here is a link to the program with contact info; http://www.cgauxwhittier.org/Boating%20Classes.html