Thread: KKM or Lone Wolf Barrel?

Default KKM or Lone Wolf Barrel?

I'm going to purchase a glock 20 and would like to get a six inch barrel for it. I was just wandering if anyone had an opinion on which one to get? Any info would be much appreciated thanks.

Both are good barrels, LWD does not make their own barrels so you don't know for sure who made it. Consider getting a G21 and then buy a KKM conversion barrel to 10mm and change the spring then you have a 45 ACP and a 10mm for the same price. I use a 6" KKM 10mm in my G21 and it shoots about 2" at 25 yds with hot reloads. I put target sights on the slide and it does make a difference.

I have been informed that KKM don't sell the 21 conversion 10mm barrels anymore. They might have a few laying around I was told. Not sure if they would sell them. I guess lots of people had issues of some sort.

I think LWD makes their own barrels, but I could be mistaken. I know the long slides for the 20 are made elsewhere, but still made in USA. Barrels from both side by side look to be about identical. I have a KKM personally, bought way before I became a business and a dealer.

tnj, are you going to eventually get a long slide to cover that bbl? They are pretty nice! I have Tru Glo TFO sights on mine and run a 22 or 24# recoil spring.

For the G21, can also get a .40 super bbl, .45 necked down to .40. Double Tap sells the ammo. LWD has the bbls.

the accuracy of my lone wolf barrel is top notch. ive had some reliability issues but that might be due to an inadequate recoil spring. Im still using the stock setup. And Im shooting stout handloads. The barrel I have is the tactical length which is just a hair over 5 inches.

I appreciate everyones input thanks. I found a great deal on a g20 with extras and im jumping on it. Thanks again!