Thread: Kodiak transporters

Default Kodiak transporters

I looking for some recomendations for boat transporters based in Kodiak. Im planing on taking the ferry with truck and mabe small inlatable over then chartering a boat from Kodiak over to Afognak. I did a lot of looking but most of the sites I found on the web were boat or lodge based hunts, im just looking for a drop off\ pick up service.

Big Lake

There was one - a few years ago - that was simply called "The Boat". I have no idea if he's still operational or not & never used him - just remembered the "catchy" name. As I recall his rates were in line with an air charter, so the one time I did research it, I ended up flying.

Yeah we could fly but I think we are going to have six guys and it would be nice to take a big base camp.We flew out of kodiak in 2009 and it was great im just thinking of changing it up a little. My dad used to do this trip every year and he said to look up THREE BEARS and TEN BEARS. I guess he has went out with both companys and had good trips, but this was years and years ago. I found a website for TEN BEARS but the phone number was disconnected.

Juneau, Alaska

Maybe U-Rascal charters. Not sure if they are a transporter or not though. Website does not specifically mention that they are a licensed transporter.

After 30 seconds of googling I found this link also:

Thanks Chisana, I have found a couple places but was hoping some peoples first hand experiences with some outfits that they have been out with good or bad.

Kodiak, Ak

Jake, Ten Bears in the current phone book at (907)486-2200, is that the one you used ?
    Pretty sure they're still up and running, their boats are in the harbor looking pretty dialed,
    maybe it's winter something got disconnected ?

Their yellow Pages ad is sure small, one line and the number ? Maybe they're not really needing more business, as in pretty booked up ?
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !