Thread: 17mach II for brown bear?

Question 17mach II for brown bear?

lol...yeah this is a gag thread.

along the lines of the .308 and .270 for brown bear.

figured it was gonna go spiral all the way down to maybe daisy red ryder for brown bear.

so lets hear your best gag thread titles.

how about wrist rocket for cape buff?

jedi.

Default spit ball

How about spitball gorilla hunt?

Actually, I heard that in pre release testing Hornady sent a guy to alaska & ......
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default cape buffalo

The wrist rocket is no joke with cape buffalo. It can be done with a wounded cape buff, you have to have a strong wrist though. The trick is when they are stalking YOU, let them get within 15 feet without them knowing you are there. Quietly fire your wrist rocket and put your shots in the holes where you wounded the Buff. It takes time but after wrist rocketing about 750lbs of rock into the previous entrance and exit wounds, you will notice the Buff will be dramatically wearing down, so will you, so this is the time to take the forked portion of your wrist rocket and decisively put it......to be continued:

Smile all wrong

Quote Originally Posted by DEDWUF View Post
    The wrist rocket is no joke with cape buffalo. It can be done with a wounded cape buff, you have to have a strong wrist though. The trick is when they are stalking YOU, let them get within 15 feet without them knowing you are there. Quietly fire your wrist rocket and put your shots in the holes where you wounded the Buff. It takes time but after wrist rocketing about 750lbs of rock into the previous entrance and exit wounds, you will notice the Buff will be dramatically wearing down, so will you, so this is the time to take the forked portion of your wrist rocket and decisively put it......to be continued:

No, no, no you got it all wrong......you aim for the eyes, blind them. Once they've settled down a little you go in with a hypodermic needle and take out all of their blood 50cc's at a time. A little time consuming but I know a guy, who's brother-in-law's, cousin's, best friend did it in South Africa. No really!!!

Default u got it

WoooooHooooooo!!!!

you guys got it!

lol...ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

jedi.

Default cape continued

and stick the forked end into the Buffs eyes, this will blind him, but not anger him further as he will think you are cleaning the flies out of his eyes. Then pull the forked end out of his eyes and put them in his nostrils, wrap the rubber "sling" around his lower jaw and above his nostrils. With his nostrils plugged and unable to open his mouth to breathe, he will start getting light headed and will be hallucitinating. Use this to your advantaged, get you cabellas cape buffallo dip net out and use the handle to.... to be continued

Default cape buffalo

Drawing 50cc's of blood, you got to be kidding, you won't be able to get rid of a cape buffalos hemroids in a week!! No, no, no you got it all wrong......you aim for the eyes, blind them. Once they've settled down a little you go in with a hypodermic needle and take out all of their blood 50cc's at a time. A little time consuming but I know a guy, who's brother-in-law's, cousin's, best friend did it in South Africa. No really!!![/quote]

Default gag thread

Some advice when you are getting mauled by a Bear. 1st= remember the bear is going to TRY to intimidate you, don't fall for this, its pointless. 2nd=Sometimes the Bear will put his mouth around your face, don't worry, this is the perfect time to get his tongue inbetween your teeth, triggering a "gag" reflex. 3rd=If the Bear isn't shaking you too violently, grab one, both is better, of his dew claws, bend them backwards, you'll crack up when you see the expression on the ol Bears face. 4th= Always keep a spare bullet in your pocket or sleeping bag, when a Bear gets you down and all the above doesn't provide enough entertainment for you and/or the Bear, palm the cartridge and stick it in his mouth, make sure the bullet is pointing away from you, the Bears tooth will detonate the bullet killing him instantly!! However you will have only one hand now, if the bear falls on you and you can't breathe , just go with the flow and think of all the events of the day and how much you enjoy the outdoors. Pass this on to 24 friends within the next 10 minutes or I might post some other tips!!!

I'm trying to help a poster on another forum find a 3000 fps 405 grain load for a 45-70. He wants to do some long range hunting for ground squirrels and prairie dogs. Do you think the Remingtons will hold together or should he go with something like the Kodiaks? Would there be pressure issues with Red Dot? Any suggestions?

Default reloading

You got it all Wrong; To obtain maximum velocity out of a 45-70 you need to; place the case in upright position, pour in 30 grains of Bullseye powder, on top of that add 20 grains of H-380, then to top it off add an additional 30 grains of Win 760 (note we didn't exceed 70 grns of powder), compress lightly with a Barnes bullet; Something will acheive 3000 FPS. CAUTION: THIS is a high pressure load and should only be used in a quality firearm after an inspection by a qualified gunsmith.

NEVER TRY THIS at home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Talking Expert Opinion

DEDWUF how did you and your friends get such strong wrists....HaHaHa
    seriously all you really need in any survival kit to survive for about 2 1/2 years
    in the wild is dental floss and about half dozen tooth picks proven by all the
    experts.

By pulling the bullets and adding a drop of nitroglycerin to the charge you can get the velocities way over 5000fps. Pressures seem to be ok if you put 5 or 6 wraps of bailing wire around the receiver and barrel. These hypervelocity rounds will shoot clean through a paper target taped to the side of my house. I haven't recovered any yet as they have all been complete pass throughs. I figure if you can shoot through 70 feet of house and garage, what chance does a BB stand. Judging by the amount of dust these little stingers leave behind there must be a lot of shock produced. Well, gotta run, seems my neighbor just asked my wife if we're having a termite problem too. He wants me to look at the holes in the side of his garage and tell him what I think.

BTW be sure to store the nitro in the fridge and don't put the spiked loads in your pocket. The darned stuff seems to go off spontaneously if it gets too warm. One other thing. Soup up your loads in a well ventilated area. The darned nitro gives you one heck of a headache if you don't. These rounds gives a whole new meaning to blasting ammo.

Well I'll tell Ak-Az hunts,,, The strong wrists comes from decades of grabbing and hanging onto wild Beaver arse, butt practice makes perfect, when you get really practiced they literally will jump in your hands. Let me tell you something else, if after 2 1/2 years in the wild you have to start eatin dental floss an toothpicks, well, ya got no stomach for the woods!!

If using the rimmfire is illegal, then the next thing you will tell me that I can't use my mother-in-law for bait!

Default YEP

You can use your mother in law for bait but she'll have to get rid of her chew. Can't have harmful tobacco juice giving bears cancer now can we?
    Last edited by brav01; 02-26-2007 at 18:28. Reason: spelling
    " Americans will never need the 2nd Amendment, until the government tries to take it away."

On the road of life..... Pot holes keep things interesting !

Another relevant tip is to bring Krazy glue when in bear country. If you get charged you can quickly apply the glue to the ground in a circle around you.

Applying a small drop to the tips of bullets really helps those 17 bullets to stick it to em.'

Aside from that the superglue is good for gluing your eyes shut if you are prone to going weak in the knees and passing out from all the blood and gore.

Silly string can also be shaken extra hard for better penetration if you are so inclined to carry the canister type bear protection.

Speaking of, I find it much easier to control one pepper at a time, (cannot get my head around spraying peppers out of a can) than to spray pepper from a can. If you carry a few Habaneros you can pitch them in a roaring bears mouth. Nothing says don't mess with me momma like a habanero.

Thumbs up

Raingull, I'm impressed with the superglue idea, really a good one! I think I might try wrapping bacon around several tubes of superglue instead of starting fluid, that should shut the ol bear trap!! Right now I'm working on some softpoints using spam.....