Thread: I have worn out my Cutco!!

Default I have worn out my Cutco!!

Well, it took me 5 years but I have worn out my Cutco knife. I usually send it back to be sharpened twice a year depending on how much luck I had. Once after spring bear and then again after the fall season. I sent it in to be sharpened after the fall season and I just got a brand new one back yesterday. Great knife and a great company. I most often get 3 animals out of one sharpening. Mine is the DD serrated with orange handle.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

I've got two of those (one drop point and one clip point) and absolutely love them! The orange handles are great, especially when you drop it in some swampy water... One complaint though is that they never come back after re-sharpening quite as sharp as they were new.... Not sure why, but seems like the re-sharpening edge doesn't last as well for some reason. That Diamond D design is great. I'm not much for serrated blades but that design is a winner.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I've got two of those (one drop point and one clip point) and absolutely love them! The orange handles are great, especially when you drop it in some swampy water... One complaint though is that they never come back after re-sharpening quite as sharp as they were new.... Not sure why, but seems like the re-sharpening edge doesn't last as well for some reason. That Diamond D design is great. I'm not much for serrated blades but that design is a winner.
    I agree with EVERYTHING you said. got two knives, one of each, orange handles, and the re-sharpening is never as good. I LOVE my knives and really use the crap out of them. When new I got 2 years, and lots of critters before I sent them back. But during that second year I notice the increased drop off. The re-sharpened ones will be back each year.
    Know guns. Know peace. Know safety.

No guns: no peace. No safety!