Thread: WTB new/used Prop

Default WTB new/used Prop

I am looking for a new/used 80" 47-51 pitch prop for a Lycoming O-320. Must be airworth/serviceable. I would also consider a 78" of the same pitch.
    Thanks
    Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

You must have a REALLY strong 0-320 if you plan on spinning a 80/51....(grin) I have a 78/45 (cut down Borer) that I may be willing to part with. Came off my 0-320 160hp Cub.. It was Re-furbished by Dominion about 40hrs ago . Performed really well. Looks brand new. w/logs and yellowtag. If you're interested, make me a realistic offer.

SuperCub-

I'm interested in that prop, if Toddler doesn't take you up on your offer. I tried to send a private message, but the system says I do not have sufficient privileges. If Toddler doesn't want the prop...we can arrange to meet.

Thanks,

Chris

I'll give Toddler a few days to respond. Then maybe we can make a deal. Where do you live Zim?

That sound's good to me. Put me on the list and if it Toddler doesn't want it, let's talk. I'm in Anchorage.
    Chris

SuperCub
    I just purchased a new 79/47 from Dominion yesterday morning. Just test flew it this morning and like it a lot. Wish I had seen your post before I made the jump. Thanks anyway

Drew
    Normal people believe that if something ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Scott Adams

No problem Toddler.. What plane did you put it on? What did they ding you for the prop? You can pm me if you prefer.

Zim,
    If you are still interested, post your phone# or E-mail. Or, if you want that info private...Just get a few more posts, so you can PM. Thanks

SuperCub-

You can email me at zim(at)ak.net.

I put it on a Champ w/O-320 and like it a lot. PM the rest

Drew

Scott Adams

Whats a 74x52 worth have one that i was saving as a spare. Now doing the float thing and dont see the need to keep it.

Drew, Ive been running long props on my citabria for a couple years, and Need to warn you with stock gear, and any tire under 26-29inchs, any rocks will eat up your prop fast. With my 80-40, I did more than 5x damage in the first 10 hours off field, with 29 inch gar aeros, then the next 250 with larger gear. Currently running 82-41, with scout gear, 31 ABW tires to get off sandbars fast. Good luck, Terry

Terry
    Thanks for the heads up. As you know I'm on 26's so I'll pay real close attention.

Drew

Scott Adams