Thread: Catch Share Plan=1 fish in SC.

Default Catch Share Plan=1 fish in SC.

If the Catch Share Plan goes into effect instead of using the current GHL guideline, SC would be at a 1 fish limit.

Here's the analysis from Scott Meyer with F&G.

"I hadnít gone through this exercise yet with 2011 data, so thanks for spurring that on.

Here are my results:

2C combined catch limit = 3.12 Mlb
    2C allocation = 0.539 (0.430-0.648)
    Default rule = 1 fish (likely with max size limit)

3A combined catch limit = 18.00 Mlb
    3A allocation = 2.520 (1.890-3.150)
    Default rule = 1 fish"

The average sport fisherman needs to start fighting to stop the CSP. The commercial industry could careless if you want to catch your own. They'd prefer you buy it.

This whole Halibut shortage crap is ALL about politics..... Sour grapes for this administration in DC.... they can't stand Alaska being successful since we wouldn't play-ball with these thieves they decide to screw-up every industry in Alaska with everything from the endangered species act to dragging their feet on needed permits to out and out FALSE data to support their screwing of us Alaskans......so BOHICA!

CSP is going to be extremely painful. Is this a done deal or how long do we have to fight this ?

Quote Originally Posted by fishon View Post
    CSP is going to be extremely painful. Is this a done deal or how long do we have to fight this ?
    It's not a done deal....the general public that enjoys catching there own needs to start protesting.

Yea, I'll believe that when I see it. Most fishers won't whine until their share of the pie is already gone. Just ask me about the eighty thousand people that benefit from dipnetting and how many show up to testify before the BOF? Yea, that's what I thought!!!
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Quote Originally Posted by thewhop2000 View Post
    Yea, I'll believe that when I see it. Most fishers won't whine until their share of the pie is already gone. Just ask me about the eighty thousand people that benefit from dipnetting and how many show up to testify before the BOF? Yea, that's what I thought!!!
    Ahem, whop my good man, they don't show up at BOF because they're plenty satisfied w/ the abundance the state allows them.
    Last edited by fullbush; 02-04-2011 at 18:54. Reason: 80,000? my God it was only 10,000 10 years ago

You are right FB, but when they get cut back with all the proposals looking to take fish from them, in play, it will be a different matter.
    If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

hap

It takes a major wake-up call to motivate any group of people... Which is why incrementalism works so well. I am astounded they would make so many drastic changes at once and very happy for it... It will piss off enough people all at once and might possibly create enough noise to do something about it.

The best thing for SC, IMO, will be to keep the fight in SE. They are on the verge of collapsing the industry in SE, with their crazy 37" limit. Believe me, this will be the nail in the coffin if it gets signed into law in the next few weeks. After they have set the precedent with SE, it will be very easy to do with SC.