Thread: lynx or hidden?

Anchorage, Alaska, United States

Default lynx or hidden?

So i have been contemplating all week on where I want to go this weekend. Went to hidden a few weekends ago, had two on tip ups early but dead all day. This time will be from dusk til dawn if i go there. Heard lynx was good for pike though. Wondering if I would be able to get my wheeler back there this time of year and how far of a ride it is. Been trying to find a map but cannot. Born and raised in minnesota, ice fishing all my life but ak is a whole new beast. Any advice would be great.

IMO either would be a waste of time I would hit flathorn or figure 8 more pike and a better ride on a wheeller. Plus there is more of a chance of assistance with recovery if you break down. You can use 5 tip ups on either lake. I would reccomend you take someone with you your first trip out. I think Pike Palace spends quite a bit of time out there and may be able to give you some advice. If you are dead set on lynx there is a road that runs to the church camp. It is gated however and you will have to obtain permission to get access.

the 907

There are not many pike in Lynx, I've fished it in summer and winter and never done that well.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.