Thread: Charters?

Default Charters?

I am planning a fishing trip for my dad and I to Igiugig this summer. I am looking for a reliable, reasonably priced flight out of Anchorage. Anyone have a referal for me?

Thanks

get to illiamna with penair then use illiamna air. Or ask george and blueberry island lodge

From Anchorage, my choice would be Rust's Flying Service. I flew for them for the last 7 seasons of my 33 year flying career in Alaska. They have excellent long-time pilots, a full-time highly experienced skilled maintenance crew, and many decades in business. This would be a float plane flight.

However, Iliamna Air Taxi provides scheduled air service to Iliamna from Anchorage. This would be a whole lot less expensive than chartering all the way from Anchorage.

From Iliamna, the flight to Igiugig, again with Iliamna Air Taxi, is just a short hop across the lake and a whole lot less expensive than chartering all the way from Anchorage. Suggest you call Iliamna Air Taxi for specifics.
    Last edited by Monguse; 02-02-2011 at 22:30. Reason: punctuation

Quote Originally Posted by TBLOOMA View Post
    get to illiamna with penair then use illiamna air. Or ask george and blueberry island lodge
    TBLOOMA is correct. Fly scheduled Penair out of Anchorage to Iliamna. From there, a "bush" flight with Iliamna Air Taxi or other flying service will be a very short 90-statute mile flight to Igiugug at the southwest corner of Lake Iliamna. Great rainbow and salmon fishing there.

Good luck and good fishing!

Thank you for the information. I appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by River_runner View Post
    Thank you for the information. I appreciate the help.
    o-O-O-O-O-PS! iT'S ONLY ABOUT 45-MILES FROM ILIAMNA TO IGIUGIG. DON'T KNOW WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH ME!!!!! SORRY 'BOUT THAT . . . . .

Grissly, I was wondering that I was thinking of the wrong place, or my 185 is super fast!!! Ok I'm not too crazy yet!