Thread: New Rem Triggers ?

Default New Rem Triggers ?

Alright, I bought a new Rem 700 CDL about a month ago and one feature I am not sure I am liking is the adjustable trigger. Everything seems OK, except when I back the set screw off to the poundage I like it protrudes quite a bit and my finger rubs on it.
    Besides being a bit uncomfortable I am concerned it may snag on my glove and could fire I suppose???
    Anybody else have one and does yours do the same thing???
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I checked out some websites and it seems this is a fairly common issue with the new Rem triggers - good grief....
    When asked what state I live in I say "The State of Confusion", better known as IL....

I installed a Rifle Basix rigger in a couple of mine. Both were set at the requested 2.5 pounds when they arrioved and I have never had to do anything since then.
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Quote Originally Posted by Float Pilot View Post
    I installed a Rifle Basix rigger in a couple of mine. Both were set at the requested 2.5 pounds when they arrioved and I have never had to do anything since then.
    Thanks FP - I assume you have to go direct to order and then tell them what you want? Can you adjust it yourself if not happy or does it have to be done by a gunsmith?

They make them adjustable within certain ranges. I orders one that was good from 1.5 pounds to 3 or something like that.
    Then I called the guy and said that I could live with 2.5. So he set it at that weight and tossed it in the mail. I have never looked back.
    You can also order them from Midway or other vendors.

I have seen some that go down to 8 ounces.

http://www.riflebasix.com/

http://www.midwayusa.com/browse/Brow...x?brandId=1700

http://www.eabco.com/RifleBasix.htm
    Floatplane,Tailwheel and Firearms Instructor- Dragonfly Aero
    Experimental Hand-Loader, NRA Life Member
    http://site.dragonflyaero.com

Thanks - I did some searching and they look good - pretty much a toss up between them and Timney I reckon...
    Its a shame Rem went to all the work to design a new trigger and settle for one that has an obvious problem that needs to be dealt with...

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    Alright, I bought a new Rem 700 CDL about a month ago and one feature I am not sure I am liking is the adjustable trigger. Everything seems OK, except when I back the set screw off to the poundage I like it protrudes quite a bit and my finger rubs on it.
    Besides being a bit uncomfortable I am concerned it may snag on my glove and could fire I suppose???
    Anybody else have one and does yours do the same thing???
    Could the screw be shortened?

Does Remington have a fix?

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty of the North View Post
    Could the screw be shortened?

Does Remington have a fix?

Smitty of the North
    Not sure Smitty on either question - I am afraid to pull it all they way out but a shorter screw could fix it so it would be livable - I have not found any Remington suggested "fixes" - I broke down and ordered a new trigger for it last night so it won't be an issue for long. I wanted to play with this gun for a long range shooter and as I age my tolerance for things that are not right is short - so I will have a slightly used trigger for sale VERY soon!
    Sadly if it was not for the protruding screw the trigger is pretty decent - but having it where you can feel that screw everytime you touch it is not what I want...