Thread: 800 Pro Rmk Update

Default 800 Pro Rmk Update

I know there was some talk earlier in the year about the sled. I figured that I would just let all know that so far this is the best sled I have ever owned. Got to put a number of miles on it this last week up off the Yentna. The snow up there is getting very deep and bottomless. I tried many times to get it stuck and couldn't seem to make it happen. Rides like a dream in the powder and great on the trails. It is a little soft in the bumps but then again the sled is not really made for pounding the bumps. Handles great in the deep snow and not nearly as tippy as I thought it would be. So far the only problem that I have had is with the fuel. We stockpile fuel at the cabin and so I had a problem with the octane not being high enough. The shop changed a fuel sensor and I have been adding octane boost and it seems to have fixed the problem. The motor has not had any miss steps so far and really good on the fuel mileage. Anyways for anyone that is thinking about getting one right now I would have to give it a big thumbs up! Happy Trails

what is your mpg about? I have friend with the switchback assault and that thing is impressive also.

Forget octane booster, is only raises like .3 max, so 88 goes to 88.3. Just buy AVgas, 100ll, works great! I know, I use it in my snogo's and chainsaws for years.

Do you guys seriously buy an 800 and worry about mileage!? Geez louize, if that's the case you should stay home and read a book. If mileage is a concern, buy an old Elan or Bravo for Heaven's sake. Otherwise, just enjoy ripping the drifts.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

I only worry about mileage when I am going on long distance trips where fuel and oil do add up when you have to carry it all. Aside from that i don't even care what the mileage is, especially with what I am getting for mileage on my machines. Right now I am debating between the various 800's out there for snow-checking here in a month. I actually do enjoy reading a book but at my cabin.

Not sure exactly what the mileage is but I know on most of the other sleds that people bring out to the cabin they get from the truck and back with hardly any to spare. So far it looks like I would there and back twice. It is about 40 miles one way. I will have to pay better attention and see what I can come up with.