Thread: Where'd you get your pods and would you do it again?

Default Where'd you get your pods and would you do it again?

Shopping for ideas and resources again regarding flotation pods/sponsons for a little shallow water boat. Any recommendations appreciated. If you had em done, what did you pay for them?
    Thanks
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by lineburns View Post
    Shopping for ideas and resources again regarding flotation pods/sponsons for a little shallow water boat. Any recommendations appreciated. If you had em done, what did you pay for them?
    Thanks
    Matt
    Matt, Best mod I have made to my boat so far. After doing some research I came up with a design, fabricated the parts and then had the pieces welded.

Every boat will be diffrent, on my particular boat the pods made a big difference: because my motor is heavy, and the hull is not real wide at 60". What really pushed performance back was the addition of a lift and a 5" setback. The setback acted like a big lever and the boat sat some 3-4 inches lower when drifting. This in itself was not huge, but was a hassle when drifting rivers. What really mattered to me, was the hole shot. Which went from 3-4 seconds to 9-10 seconds to get on step.

Now, I get on step quick, haul more weight, can stay on step at a lower speed and the boat is almost flat when drifting.

Depending on your boat this may NOT be to your advantage, if you have a boat with a relatively wide hull, or windshield way forward it could cause some bow steering when light.

What kinda boat are you considering this modification to?
    “Nothing worth doing is easy”
    TR

Default Gary at Greatland Welding & Machine

Talk to Gary out at Greatland Welding (Palmer-Wasilla Hwy). He can answer all of your questions. The set he made for my 18' G-3 work great.

PM me if you have questions.

Tom