Thread: Where to rent snow machines...

Default Where to rent snow machines...

A buddy invited me to his cabin near Talkeetna. I need to rent a machine or two for the wife and I. Wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to do this. Not sure what my options are. Thinking we could rent a f-150 from ABC rv rentals in Anchorage. They have trucks for rent with hitches unlike most. Then the question is where I could rent a snow machine or two on a trailer. Would appreciate any input of course. Sounds like an awesome trip. Especially for two out of staters like us.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Ak toy rentals in Wasilla. You can probably get the truck trailer and machines from them.

http://www.alaskatoyrental.com/rates.htm

Here is another one, but not sure if it's just for tours.

http://www.snowmobile-alaska.com/snowmobile-rentals.htm

I think Gate Creek cabins up in Petersville rents some, but again not sure if they are only for tours. It would save trailering them up north if your buddys cabin is in the P-ville area.

http://www.gatecreekcabins.com/rentalrates.asp

This is a good thread for finding snow machine.

i have rented from alaska toy renta in wasillal....one time was enough, feel free to PM me if you have questions.
    Master guide license #212.....now what?!

Unhappy Yep!!!

I know what your saying!
    Not any more my first choice or second or third!
    You get the picture!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Thanks for the input guys. Pm sent. I appreciate any further comment. Aside from renting some machines for the weekend in Talkeetna, would also appreciate any more suggestion on day tours and such. Just need to get out of Anchorage for a bit. Given the time of year, snow machines sound like a great option.

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Default I wish I hd a couple'a sleds...

... because I'd tell you to just swing by and pick'm up.
    Dear whatever doesn't kill me, I'm strong enough now. Thanks.

Try Susitna River Lodge, just outside Talkeetna...866-733-1505 Aside from snowmachine rentals he has some excellant cabins for rent at a reasonable rate. 866-733-1505

I'm with brnbr. I will never use them again!!!
    http://alaskadipnetting.com/

If a dipnetter dips a fish and there is no one around to see/hear it, Did he really dip?

Thanks to Northriver's suggestion above, the wife and I just got back from a great trip to Gate Creek Cabins in Petersville. Likely going back in a few weeks. Had a ball riding the snow machines and the scenery was great. Below is a brief slideshow for anyone with the interest...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/2114408...82004345/show/

-Dan

Yeah I've rented from Gate Creek numerous times, they always treated me right, even gave me one of their own brand new X sleds last time when one of the rentals broke.

Quote Originally Posted by russiarulez View Post
    Yeah I've rented from Gate Creek numerous times, they always treated me right, even gave me one of their own brand new X sleds last time when one of the rentals broke.
    Good on them for making the customer experience right. If they're a member here they should speak up so I can rep/thank them directly.
    Dear whatever doesn't kill me, I'm strong enough now. Thanks.

wow that gate creek cabins looks NICE!!!! how much is it a night?
    Semper Fi!

QUESTION??? The rental places give two rates, like $200 per day and $45 per hours. Does anyone know is this either/or both? What I mean, do some places rent you a machine for one hour, or do they rent by the day and have a "clock" on the machine to add the $45/hour? I hope this makes sense to anyone that knows about the rental fees.
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Exclamation One or the other!

Most people do the day price and sometimes you can a late drop back if you work with them for a couple bucks more. Some places maybe you only need it for a couple of hours!
    Then that works!
    See you on the Trail!
    Trail Boss
    Willow Trail Committe
    ALASKA'S Winter Park Cabins
    To boldly make trail where no man has gone before!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger45 View Post
    QUESTION??? The rental places give two rates, like $200 per day and $45 per hours. Does anyone know is this either/or both? What I mean, do some places rent you a machine for one hour, or do they rent by the day and have a "clock" on the machine to add the $45/hour? I hope this makes sense to anyone that knows about the rental fees.
    The way I've seen it, you typically rent by the day and the end of the "day" is a set time, say 6pm. If you bring it back at 7pm on your last day, you will owe an extra $45 on top of your daily fee. The hourly rate is mainly incentive to bring it back on time.