Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Boat show 2011

  1. #1

    Default Boat show 2011

    Who's boat was at the show this year? How did it look? Missed it due to warmer weather.

  2. #2

    Default

    GC was not at the show. I think they are haven their own show at their place this year.
    I know one thing it wasnt our boat.

  3. #3
    Member WOODY82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Not mine either. Don't know how everyone else had the patience to wait for their boat.

  4. #4
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOODY82 View Post
    Not mine either. Don't know how everyone else had the patience to wait for their boat.
    That is how we came up with the name for ours.

    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:35.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  5. #5
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default DOH!

    Quote Originally Posted by smokumreds View Post
    Who's boat was at the show this year? How did it look? Missed it due to warmer weather.
    Wait! Did I miss the boat show?

  6. #6
    Member killer instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Yeah... it was last week for 4 days...

  7. #7
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Aw thats lame! So whens the valley sportsmans show so i don't miss it? I need to meet Jim King and check out his rafts

  8. #8
    Member killer instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Aw thats lame! So whens the valley sportsmans show so i don't miss it? I need to meet Jim King and check out his rafts
    March 25,26,& 27th

  9. #9
    Member akdeweyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spoiled one View Post
    That is how we came up with the name for ours.

    Spoiled One

    I don't want to hijack the thread, but where did you get your tent to store your boat & what are the dimensions of it?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:36.

  10. #10
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akdeweyj View Post
    Spoiled One

    I don't want to hijack the thread, but where did you get your tent to store your boat & what are the dimensions of it?

    Thanks
    Ha, ha! I wouldn't mind having a fort like that to store the boat. That is the outside bay at GC.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  11. #11

    Default

    FISHFACE did you have armstrong build your boat or did you buy it used?

  12. #12

    Default

    Also having never been on a GC what is the draw?There are 20 other builders out there why them?When spending a couple hundred thousand customer service is a HUGE deal.
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:40.

  13. #13
    Member FISHFACE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    FISHFACE did you have armstrong build your boat or did you buy it used?

    yeah we had it built for us.
    Boatless

  14. #14
    Member pacific23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Whitesboro, Texas
    Posts
    534

    Default

    Here is a link to a VERY nice ride , 35' coldwater....
    http://www.aluminumalloyboats.com/vi...p=23630#p23630

  15. #15
    Member jrogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    1,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elim View Post
    Also having never been on a GC what is the draw?There are 20 other builders out there why them?When spending a couple hundred thousand customer service is a HUGE deal.
    One thing I did when looking for a boat, just like when I hire an employee is CHECK REFERENCES. Not just the ones the builder gives you, but ones you find on your own to see what the boat building experience is like. I would have preferred to buy local, but good refereneces overrode this in my case. With Seawolf, I spoke to 6 people that had boats built for them before I pulled the trigger, and they had nothing but good to say about the builder. Guess what, my experience was similar.
    Last edited by Brian M; 03-16-2011 at 22:42.
    2009 Seawolf 31'
    www.seawolfmarine.com
    Fully Loaded

  16. #16
    Member fullbush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Wasilla
    Posts
    2,674

    Default

    Hey whens this years boat show?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •