Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 bed racks - show us your pics

Default 6x6 bed racks - show us your pics

For those with new or old Polaris 6x6's and a custom bed rack show us some pics of it! I just came home with my new 2011 6x and looking at designs. I know I want it to hold 2 gun boots and a chansaw scabord for sure. Not sure what else yet and havent decided on steel or aluminum. I can bend it and fab it up if I go with steel. Aluminum I will have to find a new friend!
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

These are pics of my machine -

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

And a couple of a rack I did for a friend -

AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I had a bet with my wife that you would be the first to reply! Great pics! I love that stand and I will be including mounts for that in my design for sure!

I gotta show off my limited welding prowess (as weak as it is....)
    AKmud

Mine is very similar to Rob's. 4 of us in our hunting party each have just about the same racks. Only difference is our gun boots are mounted on the inside as occasionally we tip or wheelers over on the side or cut it a bit too close to a tree and you can't shoot a moose if you don't have a working gun. My next upgrade for my rack is bungeeing a soft gun case to just above the backrest on the rack to slide my 45/70 inside of at provide soft back/shoulder rest for my wife when she is riding with me. The tripod seat that AKMUD is is pretty sweet for sure though.

Mud and Lanche, you guys wouldnt have any closeup/more detailed pics of the gun boot mounts and/or chainsaw scabord would you.

My gun boot is the old style with the metal L bracket using carriage bolts/spacers. I cut it to the width of the angle iron around the bed and welded it directly to it. The main part of the boot is inside the rack and well protected.

The chain saw clamp is from Kolpin and works really well.
    AKmud

Got mine at fence emporium, modified it to my liking. gun-boots fit inside both or either side & easy to install or take off. i like the round bend of the tubing, it doesn't "catch" as many trees & i've hit a few pretty hard. works great for winching the machine back over when u roll it too!! lightweight fence tubing but stronger than you think. they got some good idea's & pictures out there in there office

Attachment 45207

maybe these pics will work
    Attached Images Attached Images

My new rack done! Need to get it powder coated and she'll be ready for business. Thanks to the OP for doing such great work!

Rangerrack.jpg Rangerrack2.jpg

Mounted it to the bed using 9 Polaris Lock and Ride mounts. No drilling or bolts. Total weight is less than 30 lbs. I can lift it and carry it by myself. Not intended for roll over protection just the ability to put canoe on top, tree stand, and have additional bed-side height. Plus, it just looks cool.

Rangerrack3.jpg

Wow! Nice work. Wish I had the equipment and skills to do that.

Are those seat belts that I spy in the bed??? Removable chair?

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan View Post
    Wow! Nice work. Wish I had the equipment and skills to do that.

Are those seat belts that I spy in the bed??? Removable chair?
    Yes, those are seatbelts. It the jump seat that Cabela's sells. Comes with a pad for the butt and back and two seat belts. Tracks mount to the bed and it attaches to the tracks using pins.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/UTV-J...h-All+Products

Looks very smooth. Good job. HuntNPhotos should be posting his picture soon.

Nice rack! I thought about doing something similar but after needing the whole bed I'm not sure now.

Here is a picture of what I ended up going with on my rig as well as 1S1K's rig together. I have a second gun boot that I am mounting on the other side so I can carry my .338 as well as a pellet rifle or .22 for grouse.

Looks good 1S1K – Awesome!

I like the solution you came up with over the box; not quite the original T-bar concept, but still able to open the lids and clear the rack. What made you decide to slant the back instead of squaring it off?

I still haven’t had time to do anything with mine yet, but maybe when I get home in Aug. We’ll try to hook up (again).

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    Nice rack! I thought about doing something similar but after needing the whole bed I'm not sure now.
    You supposed to drive the whellers not care them :-)
    2003 220 Hewescraft Sea Runner 115 Yam'y, Soft Top "Schmidt Happens"

Quote Originally Posted by outaMT View Post
    Looks good 1S1K – Awesome!

I like the solution you came up with over the box; not quite the original T-bar concept, but still able to open the lids and clear the rack. What made you decide to slant the back instead of squaring it off?

I still haven’t had time to do anything with mine yet, but maybe when I get home in Aug. We’ll try to hook up (again).
    No real reason other than it looked cooler with the racer style back than a big box. Pratically, it was beneficial because I can now use the tire to climb up and hook around into the bed where a full size rear bar would be a pain to get around. Also, I sometimes have kids or adults riding in a my cabelas jump seat and a rear bar would have been at their head level. As it is the rear most cross-member is in excellent hand hold position. But the short answer is just cause.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast