Thread: heading out to flat horn sat and sun

Default heading out to flat horn sat and sun

im new to this i have barley any knowlage about ak fishing i mean rainbows are fun i have a 3 man ice hut and the rest of the garb to stay warm 4 tipups and a snow machine i went once before with a fella that pretty much took control of EVERYTHING and im not into that can i get any sudgestions on how to get sum tasty pikes

Yes. Do not go to Flat Horn. Me and 2 guys went to the big creek inlet 3 weeks ago, spent the night and were just about skunked. 3 rods and 4 tipups yielded 1 dink. We fished where we found the most sign and had the tipups at the few places were we saw old blood on the ice. If you know something I don't, do some damage. I am not a Flat Horn expert. I have been getting much better reports from Figure 8 Lake. If I were going back down that trail that's where I would head. Also, plan for the worst. When I went the weather report was off by about 25 degrees. It got cold. I had to tow a guy out after a 4 hour thaw in the shanty. If you got a good sled you are gold. We only had ATVs and they aren't good a -25. Good luck and make sure you keep your drinking water from freezing. Wild Turkey will only make you thirstyer.

lol thanks imgonna try flat horn sat and if no good well try the 8 we do have a spot and about 10 tip ups 5 guys gonna be in our group so 5 poles and 10 tip up should yield something i hope FISH ON!!!!!!!