Thread: Little Help, Boggs above half throttle

Default Little Help, Boggs above half throttle

Maybe some more traffic over here, to help. easier to copy thread, instead of retyping all, Thanks.
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...644#post882644

A wild guess, but have you tried to look at the timing of the machine? If you have the book there should be a procedure to check it or even set the timing right. TDC on one cylinder and something else in a certain position. I am not familiar with this sled, so that is a shot in the dark...

I will have to read up to ck, on that.how to.. Don,t know how that would suddenly change? But i will add to the list. It feels like electrical problem, Friend mine also has one of these machine and has had trouble with.. And told me to ck, The ground to coil, Key switch, Cdi box.The list keeps getting bigger Thanksfor the reply.

Did this start suddenly? Does the engine cut in and out? Sputter? Ignition either works or doesn't. Pull sparkplugs lay them on top of cylinders and check spark in dark garage. Any weak spark? Can you put on jackstand and accelerate up to and past 6200? Can you slowly climb past 6200? Open the hood, open the clutch guard and watch what is happening to the clutches and belt. Ignition wouldn't be limited to 6200rpm.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Got the machine back to me tonight, I jacked up run it up to 7200rmps all clutches run smooth did notice belt is worn, will replace belt tommow, also did comp.. ck little over 130 both sides same, was surprised for how many miles it has,Also pulled the fuel filter and some paint came out of it,put new on, clean carbs,pull plug off key switch, no change, pulled hose in tank screen looked good there, hose good also,Have a new fuel pump give that a try tommow. Maybe play with needle setting tommow also.Had good spark when had plugs out doing comp ck nice strong,spark It does not cut in or out it will start right up idle fine run perfect until 1/2-3/4 throttle and if you pin it it will just boggs not go any faster will hold great up until that point,Hum..Thats all for tonight.

At this point, if you don't want to take it to the shop for a pro to go over it, post over on Hardcoresledder.com in the appropriate subsection.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

well did take secoundy to shop I couldn,t get it apart,He changed the little sliders cleaned all up 61.00 bucks ,Tony Nice man, Eagle Rv, Polaris New fuel pump,Played with slides needle settings Still didn,t do it.Kept nagging me why the right side looked little fouled each time pulled the plugs,So dropped the carbs and poked and clean everyhole i could find. When i got to that side, Ha, found the main jet fell out! and was laying underneath the float, If you can believe that..Runs like raped ape, now.Thanks for all the replys, another Wow, Hum, for the books.