Thread: Manifolds and Risers, where to purchase

Default Manifolds and Risers, where to purchase

I'm looking for manifolds and risers and, of course, looking to save a few bucks.

Does anyone know where I might be able to have them shipped to in Seattle area and then barged up here? Called around up here and 1200 bucks was just more than I'm willing to spring for if I don't have to.

dan

For what motor?

Ack.. of course, my bad.

1996 Volvo Penta 5.0 FL PHUR

akfishin, the manifold you need is $275 plus shipping on the manifoldwarehouse site. There are better deals out there. I had the same problem when I owned the boat though. I could find them much cheaper in the states, but by the time I had them shipped here it was the same price as Noahs. Whatever you chose, don't too long without replacing them. Many engine failures are caused from bad manifold/risers. I hope all else is well and you are still enjoying the boat.

I'm enjoying the boat for sure! Little this and that to fix up, but all in all no complaints. Holds everyone just perfectly.

Default Why would somebody want cheap stuff in their boat i don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Soundfisher View Post
    Many engine failures are caused from bad manifold/risers.
    Like about 95% of the time. Most mannys/ risers have a drip into the rear cylinders right from the get go. Theres no way they can get a clean cast w/o pin holes in risers, they look all pretty on the outside but if you could see the inside, you would spend some real money and get the best you could find. They don't care they want to sell you a new complete mill
    I roll w/ twin 496's w/ fresh water mannys (alum), the risers are the only place theres raw water.

Ive replaced mine twice since getting the boat in 2006, the first set I got were GLM's from a guy in Ca. the price was good but the risers developed hairline cracks around the mounting holes. So then I decided to buy a set of OSCO's from Fred Warner in Everett,Wa. he's on E-bay and he had the best prices and was easy to deal with. if you have the fuel reservoir on your engine just make sure that the port riser has the port for the line to dump in. the osco's didn't and Fred had to send me a Barr riser.
    Last edited by go get em; 02-19-2011 at 21:56. Reason: correction