Thread: Unit 25C question

Default Unit 25C question

Has anyone floated Beaver Creek from the Nome creek put in and then picked up at Victoria Creek by a transporter? I am trying to find a transporter that will provide that service.

Any help with a good transporter or hunting stories would be great.

thanks
    Keith

Wright Air Service out of Fairbanks. They use Helio Courier for the bush flights, basically a super cub on steroids than can haul three people, max load of 750lbs.

Better call Wright's ASAP, that drainage gets a lot of pressure. Expect to see floaters everyday and Wright's has drop camps on the river as well. Nice easy float with good Grayling fishing. Like ATV hunting only with rafts.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Hey Steve, I think I've been in both 78Victor and 65Victor. Those pics are great and they sorta date things, musta been just before Bob put the big humungo tail wheels on them. But after they started using the tundra tires on the main gear. Great shots!

Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Hey Steve, I think I've been in both 78Victor and 65Victor. Those pics are great and they sorta date things, musta been just before Bob put the big humungo tail wheels on them. But after they started using the tundra tires on the main gear. Great shots!
    Those were taken fall 2007, the blue one had a fresh paint job. I flew in the blue one in 2009 out of Beaver Creek and it still looked good but had a few rock chips. Those Helio Couriers are awesome. They were used in Cambodia by the CIA during the Vietnam war. They use a slat system on the wings and a huge rudder both giving them great slow flight capability. Will be flying into the Brooks in one this fall.

Steve
    "I refuse to let the things I can't do stop me from doing the things I can"
    Founding Member
    http://www.residenthuntersofalaska.org/

Bobs one hell of a pilot.

Thanks for the information. I figured there would be people using Beaver Creek. I could see it on Google earth. I'm not looking for a "honey hole", just the opportunity to hunt with family/friends and have an adventure that my wife wont ask if I filled out a will before I go.

lots of people. be better to go north brooks has some nice floats