Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lingcod only charter from Homer

Default Lingcod only charter from Homer

Anyone here done a Lingcod only charter from Homer? Looking for an outfit to hit that someone can give a recommendation on. I know we've beat alot of this to death but I'm not interested in a combo charter just the Lings.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

are you just looking for a short day?
    considering the run time to dependable "big ling country" and the fact that once you are on 'em it generally doesn't take very long to get a limit it seems odd to not chase a few halibut or salmon.
    i don't know anyone who does a "ling only" charter, but i am sure that several dead presidents (per person, of course ) would find someone who would.
    you would almost certainly need to book the whole boat as well.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pike_palace View Post
    Anyone here done a Lingcod only charter from Homer? Looking for an outfit to hit that someone can give a recommendation on. I know we've beat alot of this to death but I'm not interested in a combo charter just the Lings.
    I don't get your question. I wouldn't refuse to just go out and fish for lings if someone asked me to and I just can't imagine any charter operator saying, "Sorry, I'll ONLY take you out if you're willing to fish for fish you don't want to fish for." That's an odd question to me. Or am I missing something here.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Must....

...Resist.....

....The Urge.....

To.....

...Answer that .....

Last...

.......Question....
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.
    "Character is how you treat those who can do nothing for you."

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    you would almost certainly need to book the whole boat as well.
    Well, I know of at least one charter operator that works on a "book the whole boat" basis with a pricing structure to fit the number of people that are fishing with him. Not everyone down here just books 6 people to fill up their boat no matter what. Some guys down here like those "take one, or two, or 3 people charters. I find then refreshing.
    Year round saltwater fishing adventures in Homer, AK.
    http://muttleycrewfishing.com

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Hippie
    Hang in there ............you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Collett View Post
    Hippie
    Hang in there ............you can do it

There HAS to be a support group for this kinda thing...
    “Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.” ― H.S.T.

Between the Willapa Rivers, United States

Default Support or not

I never heard of "Blaster's Anonymous"
    Does such a group exist ?
    Sure did get a grin outa me...........

You may see some this summer as many boats will not be allowed to fish halibut because of no limited entry permit.

If the rule limiting halibut charters goes into effect this year, I imagine you'll see more charters offering ling-only trips. Since they won't legally be allowed to target halibut, lings, rockfish, and salmon will be the order of the day.

ah...capt'dd beat me to it by a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    If the rule limiting halibut charters goes into effect this year, I imagine you'll see more charters offering ling-only trips. Since they won't legally be allowed to target halibut, lings, rockfish, and salmon will be the order of the day.
    It's already in effect,,,the lawsuit against it will go nowhere....

Default lingcod only charters

Give Daniels Personalized Guide Service a call they do ling only charters.It is a buy the whole boat trip but for 1881.25 split with six guys it is not to bad for a 140 mile r/t.He will put you on fish,he's a top notch guy.Check his web site out.Hear is a pic of last 4th of july,Notice all the little lings on the ground,my brother followed in his boat and just couldn't figure them out like 'ol Daniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain T View Post
    It's already in effect,,,the lawsuit against it will go nowhere....
    Fair enough. I guess today was the last day, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotton View Post
    Give Daniels Personalized Guide Service a call they do ling only charters.It is a buy the whole boat trip but for 1881.25 split with six guys it is not to bad for a 140 mile r/t.He will put you on fish,he's a top notch guy.Check his web site out.Hear is a pic of last 4th of july,Notice all the little lings on the ground,my brother followed in his boat and just couldn't figure them out like 'ol Daniel.

At first glance I thought the sign said "Butt Packers". I don't know about you guys, but that name sounds like something to avoid.....Just curious, how much does one tip them?????

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    At first glance I thought the sign said "Butt Packers". I don't know about you guys, but that name sounds like something to avoid.....Just curious, how much does one tip them?????
    Based on the price and the size of that impressive haul, I'd wager somewhere in the 3 to 4 Benjamins range...As a starting point...

Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    You may see some this summer as many boats will not be allowed to fish halibut because of no limited entry permit.
    i would expect MUCH more restrictive ling and rockfish limits are in store when charters begin to target them.... pretty much guarantee it, as a matter of fact, fish and game is already concerned.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Thanks for the info. It's not that I wouldn't want to fish Halibut or Rockfish too, I just wouldn't want to waste a ton of time chasing those particular fish. I know some people get bummed out on combo charters because they usually bring home ''less desirable'' halibut.

I'm looking into the combo deals and Ling only.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Very Concerned

If things go the way they have in SE there will be many CHP for sale before to long, very cheaply. If the halibut stocks are not rebuilt then we could see the same restrictions here before too long. One halibut less than 37 inches. That will put a ton of pressure on other fish stocks. Hope it does not come to that in SC.

Quote Originally Posted by T.R. Bauer View Post
    LFMAO that is what i saw too and shot coffee out my nose...burned a little
    There's a fine line between fishing....

and standing on the shore like an idiot! ALLEN BRADLEY-TANGLE LAKES ADVOCATE/FANBOY

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast