Thread: best valley mechanic/shop?

Default best valley mechanic/shop?

i've got a 03 800rmk vert escape thats been at a local shop in the valley for almost 2 months and they can't figure out whats wrong with it...got an investment sittin' in their shop and i don't think it means much to them...means something to me though. they ran thru it once and said your good, went home and had a hose and hose clamp get sucked into my carbs outa the airbox stickin' the throttle wide open..not good. they left it in there after installing my ATACC, not the machine bogs at top end...need to fix it and get it sold to help with the dent in the pocket from the new sled i bought. but i'm not sure who to take it to...ideas?
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

theres a guy in the butte by delroys that can fixum up predy good, swing on by and ask for ol blackie
    Semper Fi!

Try Craig at Homestead Garage at 376-8817 does a good job at a fair price and is honest about his repairs. He is in Wasilla . Good luck

Did it bog before the ATACC install? BB, I would be willing to take a look but I know you are real busy.

ya bogged before that, we've unhooked it, new pistons/rings, put it on a stand and it runs super up till 7000 then the last 1/8 throttle it just looses power, sounds like its running rich, plugs look like its running lean.
    Master guide 212

Call 90's and older. The guy is honest as they come.

I 2nd 90's and older repair shop.
    He's a great guy.
    BK

Default Valley Repair Shop

Try the guys at Mototech on Palmer Wasilla Hiway, just east of the Seward Meridian, on the north side of the hiway, 376-6686. Much cheaper hourly rate than the big shops...

its been at mototech for two months.....
    Master guide 212

Check the exhaust bellows for rips. Sounds like the cdi is stuck on retard mode, try swapping it out with another one.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

exhaust valves have been checked, clean and look fine. cdi...whats that?
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i've got a 03 800rmk vert escape thats been at a local shop in the valley for almost 2 months and they can't figure out whats wrong with it...got an investment sittin' in their shop and i don't think it means much to them...means something to me though. they ran thru it once and said your good, went home and had a hose and hose clamp get sucked into my carbs outa the airbox stickin' the throttle wide open..not good. they left it in there after installing my ATACC, not the machine bogs at top end...need to fix it and get it sold to help with the dent in the pocket from the new sled i bought. but i'm not sure who to take it to...ideas?
    The ATACC for Pol has inside airbox venting which requires a hose and fitting to be in the lower airbox. Is this the one that fell off and got into your carb?
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

i don't think so it was a piece they cut off that was extra, it has the hose in the air box though...
    Master guide 212