Thread: Bog Boots

Default Bog Boots

Got a pair of these for Christmas. Been wearing them in all sorts of weather and am impressed. More comfortable and form fitting than xtra-tufs or even my size 12 clunky bunny boots.

They are rated at -40F (supposedly). The top half are a neoprene type material.

Wondering if anyone has actually worn a pair in say -20f or lower? Hoping they are near equivalent of my bunny boots when wet.

I have worn my Muck Boots Woodie Max(same principal) at -35 on the trapline. Make sure you wear some good sock liners and wool socks-you will be fine if they are like my Muck boots. This is my third winter with those boots and I wear them in all conditions!! No other boots needed
    I have such a hard time trying to decide which outdoor activity to do every chance I get!! Living in AK is a mental challenge

Hoping I get the same experience.

Wore them on New Years (was 36f ) and didnt notice overheating.

Also during the last cold snap they were warm with wool socks. Stood on the ice about 4 hours straight @ -15f. Not one complaint.

These may replace my insulated xtra tufs for moose season.

Website here http://www.bogsfootwear.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ADUKHNT View Post
    I have worn my Muck Boots Woodie Max(same principal) at -35 on the trapline. Make sure you wear some good sock liners and wool socks-you will be fine if they are like my Muck boots. This is my third winter with those boots and I wear them in all conditions!! No other boots needed
    You've had better luck than I have. I really liked my Muck boots BUT.... they don't last me a season becasue Iím always ripping the neoprene, (sticks, snags, brush). Iíve tried the waders glue to fix them but it doesnít last. Iíve asked the company if they made anything a little more durable was told nope, but here is $10.00 off coupon for your next pair.

Anyway, even though I really like them I canít justify having to buy a new pair ever season.