Thread: Vegas and then Southern California - fishing along the way?

Default Vegas and then Southern California - fishing along the way?

I'm taking off for a while to Vegas, and then to southern California to see some family and relax a little... I'm not familiar with the areas - is there any water around that area to check out? Or any fly shops to stop in to?

Thanks for any input!

More specifically, I'm flying down to San Diego, then driving to Vegas. So I'm thinking something around those areas.

Thanks again!

There might be some good clamming down there on the strip. Heard there is a HUGE migration of clams there this time of year..haha sorry, had to
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Well... There's mako sharks, bass, carp, trout... I'd talk to this guy: http://www.bowmanbluewater.com/
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

I'm assuming that you're leaving soon. Right now in winter, there are not a lot of good fishing options. Some surf fishing and some bass fishing and some stocked trout fishing (why would someone from AK fish for a stocked trout???). The good stuff all happens in summer. Personally I wouldn't even bring a fly rod. Some small fly shops along the way, but not much inventory to drool over UNLESS you're heading to Bob Mariott's fly shop in Anaheim (and that is worth the entire trip!).