Thread: Anchors Aweigh Boat Show

Default Anchors Aweigh Boat Show

I was up in Anchorage last week for work and got to take in the boat show at the Deniana Center (spelling?). I had never been and it was pretty good. I understand that part of the show is also at the Northway Mall.

What boat makes and what dealers were at the Northway Mall?

At the center was Harbercraft/Jetcraft, Boulton, Various Sportjohns, Wooldridge, Bayliner, Alumaweld, Ranger Tug, AK Inflatables, FishRite etc. Dealers I recogonized were AK Mining and Diving, Marita Ski & Sea, and Storm Chasers.

I took a lot of pictures on my cell and hope to post some pics later.

Compared to the Juneau Boat show (smallbut still fun) I thought it was awesome and glad I was able to go, so good job Anchorage.

Sobie2

The NW Mall part was a joke and a waste. There were no people there and maybe 6 boats. All ~ 20' Aluminum boats.

I think the boat show sucked as well. Tiny and no "great" deals, I am in search of a motor and the list price at west marine beat every the boat show had.

The boat shows up here are getting progressively and slowly worse over the years. Fewer vendors and fewer boats to drool over. They are also starting to be the same few boats every year.

The "deals" aren't really deals anymore.

Kingfisher's are nice, but I've seen them and they haven't changed much, if at all, in several years.

So yeah, kind of a waste of time anymore.

If you are really serious about boat shopping, go to the Seattle boat show.

Considering the state of the economy, which has driven several boat builders chapter 11, it's not suprising the boat shows are ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Considering the state of the economy, which has driven several boat builders chapter 11, it's not suprising the boat shows are ho hum.
    Yes, I'm sure that's a major part of it. Even if you can afford the boat, you can only afford the gas for a weekend or two each year...

I was at the boat show as a vendor (KEVINS BOAT TOPS) have not done a show for 25 yrs (as a vendor) I for one thought it was well worth my money and time.. I made contact with old boaters (customers) i have not seen for many years! Looking to buy a used boat (salt) and start boating again. Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by alaskan adventurer View Post
    I was at the boat show as a vendor (KEVINS BOAT TOPS) have not done a show for 25 yrs (as a vendor) I for one thought it was well worth my money and time.. I made contact with old boaters (customers) i have not seen for many years! Looking to buy a used boat (salt) and start boating again. Kevin
    Do you do upholstery, too? Located in the valley?
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.