Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Commission Cuts Halibut Harvets

  1. #1
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  2. #2

    Default

    Charters in SE should have fought hard to get something in the effect of "1 halibut under 37", or 1 halibut over 74 inches". They did it for kings in 08, and they currently do it for Ling. Not many halibut over 215 cross the docks every year, but just keeping the possiblity of getting one, would be huge. But don't ask me how you are supposed to measure a big 'but, without hurting it!

  3. #3
    Member captaindd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Salcha, AK
    Posts
    762

    Default

    270
    I thought the kings that you are talking about aren't they managed by the state of Alaska?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 270ti View Post
    Charters in SE should have fought hard to get something in the effect of "1 halibut under 37", or 1 halibut over 74 inches". They did it for kings in 08, and they currently do it for Ling. Not many halibut over 215 cross the docks every year, but just keeping the possiblity of getting one, would be huge. But don't ask me how you are supposed to measure a big 'but, without hurting it!
    Ha ha ha Seeing a guy holding up a 37 1/2" Halibut with a gaff will be like seeing a hunter standing over a 49 1/2" Bull Moose with a bullet hole in it. I can see the threads on the forum "How to Judge a Halibut"?!!! Some entrepanuer should already be putting out the Video. hee hee hee
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  5. #5
    Member ak_powder_monkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Eagle River/ Juneau
    Posts
    5,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by captaindd View Post
    270
    I thought the kings that you are talking about aren't they managed by the state of Alaska?
    Kings in SEAK are managed under the Pacific Salmon Treaty as most of them are born in Canada
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •