Thread: Renting a cabin

Default Renting a cabin

My family and I are coming up this summer and we want to rent a small cabin to go along with our camper. A dry cabin is fine but would like to stay near the Wasilla/Palmer area maybe Big lake? Can you give me any contact info on person or agencies that I can call or email to find something like this? Thanks

No one?? Even maybe a sign you have seen would help.

Folks might be a little wary....I know I would be. Last spring someone rented a bush cabin to a couple of guys from down south, who proceeded to break into my cabin and a whole bunch of other cabins and trash the places, shooting things up, destroying things, stealing snowmachines, etc. So you might need some good references to get rented a cabin up here. I sure wish someone had done some background checks on those two guys last year before renting to them.

Thats fine I would be happy to fill out anything they want, I have been a home owner for the last ten years. It can be an agency or a company that rents cabins. I have tried to do internet search but have not found anything but tourist type stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kantill View Post
    Thats fine I would be happy to fill out anything they want, I have been a home owner for the last ten years. It can be an agency or a company that rents cabins. I have tried to do internet search but have not found anything but tourist type stuff.

There is no money for the agency in renting cabins. You are going to have a hard time finding what you are looking for, sorry. It is not you, even a local will have a hard time finding a dry cabin to rent in the summer in Alaska.

Check Craigslist, or post an ad there.

Link for the Mat-Su Frontiersman, the local paper.

http://www.frontiersman.com/
    Live life and love it
    Love life and live it

Thanks for the link and I have been looking at both craigslist and alaskalist

When and how long?

If all goes as planed the middle of June and for at least the summer if not longer.

I have a Proposition for you.

Hey i was just browsing though all these old post ad saw that you were interested in Renting a cabin. I have a pretty good chunk of land(family owns 125 acers..about 40 is mine to do with what i like) next to a lake(in big lake..lots of moose,bears,rabbits..and birds and the rare fox) that im planning on building Dry cabins to rent to people indefintly.(i moved to eagle river ak) The plan is im going to try and get at least the first Cabin done buy the end of this summer.(most likely something small(10x20/maybe bigger with a loft) I'm thinking your going to need a place to have your Camper that does not cost an arm and a leg....and im going to need help building. My idea is an exchange.. you put you camper/or use my rv(kids and what not) and stay on my land free in exchange for help with building/costs.And when its done you could rent it if you wanted(that way you would have a home that you helped make with your own hands..plus extra money from not having to pay rent while its being built. This is just an idea..ummm i would love to talk if you have any interest or other ideas. Open to any idea.
    Well Thank you for your time while i was rambling.lol
    Brice Castro

P.s my e-mail is Bricecastro@hotmail.com