Thread: Muck Hip Wader Question

Default Muck Hip Wader Question

I was wondering if anyone has purchased or used the New Hip Wader by Muck. I am thinking about purchasing. Any reviews would be great. I have inserted a link for refrence. Thanks

http://www.muckbootsonline.com/muck_hip_waders.html

Default muck boots

I just bought some for me and the wife. I used the plains boots on a duck hunt and they were great, so we bought the hip boots for our river trip this year.

Default Muck Hip Waders

Do u think they are going to be real hot on your feet, I will be hiking several miles a day and did not want to burn up

Default muck boots

Not to sure on that one, I guess it depend alittle on the socks. One other thing in the design is snap to allow you to roll down the tops which should help some. I may have to let you know after mid sept

Default Muck Hip Waders

Sounds good, I look forward to the field review..Good Luck

For what it's worth-I will choose Muck Boots over extra-tuffs or any others every time just for their durability. Waders though, I would check out some Goretex ones. I have had a pair of Simms Guide-weight chest waders for 6 years and do a tremendous amount of hiking in them and bush-whacking and they are still going strong. They have offset male/female buckles so you can fold them down to "hip waders" if you so choose. It's nice having the extra length in a chest wader-especially if you wade like me!

2 buddies of mine have them they used to be called shallow stalkers or something, they are pretty sweet and they dig em. They took them on a brown bear hunt with me the spring of 2006. They are a lot lighter than most hip boots and quite comfortable too.

Default Muck hip boots

Well they worked great on the water and were warm and dry. It did stink walking over the tundra with them due to the weight. Overall i would give them a thumbs up.

I don't know about the hip boots but I picked up a pair of Wetlands Muck Boots and a stick punctured one at ankle level within a week. I've had Xtratuffs and Lacrosse Burly's last for yrs with no punctures. The matieral on the Muck boots just seems thin & week. I returned mine and ordered Cabelas Duratrax. KK