Thread: Fox Pro call sounds.

Default Fox Pro call sounds.

I am about to order a new Fox Pro call. Looking for some advice on choosing 50 sounds from the custom programming list. I really only need to make sure I order the absolute must have Alaska calls. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jeff

Just sent you a PM.
    PC gag in place.

Quote Originally Posted by akjeff View Post
    I am about to order a new Fox Pro call. Looking for some advice on choosing 50 sounds from the custom programming list. I really only need to make sure I order the absolute must have Alaska calls. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Jeff

Jeff I sent you a pm as well.

Cant wait till it gets here!

In my limited experience, it seems that you don't really need FIFTY sounds. I use the Snowshoe 1,2,3 almost exclusively. Maybe since the animals out here haven't been called at much, that's all I need? I don't know. What I do know is that I made ONE set today and in 5 minutes there were 4 fox RUNNING at the call. I'd say most my sets out here, at least for fox, I have one ON the caller in 3-5 minutes. When that stops happening, I'll start trying the other sounds. I had planned to get into trapping this year, but forget it. Calling predators is one of the best hunting experiences I can think of. If I get some time I'll post the video from today.

Wow, that's a lot of fox Orelk!!!

I'd definitely get the Snowshoe 1, 2 and High Pitch. The Coyote Pup Distress 3 (C-27) is a must have too. Get a couple of the raven sounds, (532 & 533) are both good. Then, mix in some good Mark II Bird distress sounds, a Deer Fawn distress or Goat distress, a Red Fox distress and some other small animal distress sounds and you're good to go. You'll find that once you have a few sounds that you like and work, you'll pretty much stick with them.

Thanks for the replies. I already ordered and received my call (AllPredatorCalls.com is awesome). I spent a bit more than planned and upgraded to the Fury and maximized the 24bit sounds (100 of them). It is obvious that I will never use most of the sounds on the call. When looking at the huge list it is very easy to overlook the most useful ones. I believe I have all bases covered and the couple dozen effective sounds should be on there. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by snowcamoman View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of fox Orelk!!!

I'd definitely get the Snowshoe 1, 2 and High Pitch. The Coyote Pup Distress 3 (C-27) is a must have too. Get a couple of the raven sounds, (532 & 533) are both good. Then, mix in some good Mark II Bird distress sounds, a Deer Fawn distress or Goat distress, a Red Fox distress and some other small animal distress sounds and you're good to go. You'll find that once you have a few sounds that you like and work, you'll pretty much stick with them.
    Sounds like a good lineup. Thanks for sharing snowcamo.

Superbowl Sunday. Snowshoe 1 and 2 only. 5 minutes on the 1st set took 2 fox. 7 minutes on the 2nd and took another. 3 fox in 12 minutes of calling. Did not get a single set on video! What a hack.

Orelk, you the man. I gotta get out to Bethel sometime and go predator hunting. It sounds like that is where the action is at!!!